Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member, ordered the Space Star this week, should get it soon!

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Heyo, thought i'd update on my time with the car, but first, a funny story!

I'm going to upload new pics of the car and you might notice 2 differences, the old pictures will have the seats in white and the car will have a different number plate, as it turned out, the next day after getting my car that night, Mitsubishi told me they accidentally gave me the wrong car

Next day they brought my "actual" car to my work place and we switched cars, it was pretty funny and I guess due to being excited about the car I forgot I told them I wanted the seats in black and completely ignored that the car they gave me had white seats.

Anyway, here's pictures of my ACTUAL car!

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  84.9 KB
    Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  86.6 KB
    Name:  car4.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  84.7 KB

Added some tiny stuff like the window wind rails/guards, I think they really add to the car's style + I love driving with the window slightly open and use that instead of the AC as much as I can.

Changed interior cabin and trunk lights to LED's, they look way better and actually help me see **** at night!
    Also changed the rear license plate lights to LED's because why not? decided to do them all while I was at it.

Obviously had to add the funny slow car club decal on the back, to let other drivers know that I can't race from stops at red lights as it might take me a few extra seconds to get going.

And the red MIVEC decals on both sides, they're small but I thought they added a nice touch to the car as well, they're not huge or in your face, and they look good with the white and how the front grill already has the 2 red lines, I think it goes nice together!

The car is great, really love her, she's a joy to drive and my pocket doesn't hurt driving her around!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trixie_I For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-09-2022),Dirk Diggler (12-10-2022),Fummins (12-09-2022),MetroMPG (01-19-2023)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks really good, I like the white leds. The facelift on the new mirages make the car looks so much more sporty and "mean" looking but somehow still really cute at the same time. I need to find me a slow car club sticker too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.6 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice car, congrats. This car will grow on you and when you realize it's all anyone ever really needed for people transpo you'll see everything else as such a waste. All these greenies in their 20mpg SUVS, saving the planet one mile at a time. I wonder how history will look at us. As oddballs for not driving 7000 lb. Canyonero's or misers in our roller skates. I had hoped at one point all cars would be the size they needed to be, not the largest that will fit in a parking spot. This was during the first big Detroit shrinking in the 80's, K-cars, Caravan, Ranger, Citation. They were all still larger than the imports but it was a good start. Then they grew. And gas climbed in price. And they grew.

Oh well, here's to $10/gallon gas, maybe that will shock the truck jockeys into reality.

What does fuel cost in Israel? Are there ever shortages or long lines?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Fuel went up very slightly here, the current gov is doing what it can to keep it low as it's an expense that will affect almost everyone in the country, we actually had it at a higher price a few months ago, then it went down and like 2 weeks ago it went up slightly again, so it's just going up and down atm due to global economy issues and the war in Ukraine.

I've never had to wait in line long, at worst I had to wait for like 2 or 3 cars during rush hours, usually gas stations are pretty empty here.

Right now it's at 6.85 shekels for liter, which is around 2$, half a fuel tank costs me about 90 shekels which is about 26$

I heard in the US there's like different fuel octane levels or something, I don't really get that, here we just always have like 2-3 options max, mostly it's just Diesel fuel, 95 Octane and 98 Octane, though I've never seen anyone here grab the 98 to this day, I think only people with luxury cars use that who are super rich anyway.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_I View Post
    Fuel went up very slightly here, the current gov is doing what it can to keep it low as it's an expense that will affect almost everyone in the country, we actually had it at a higher price a few months ago, then it went down and like 2 weeks ago it went up slightly again, so it's just going up and down atm due to global economy issues and the war in Ukraine.

I've never had to wait in line long, at worst I had to wait for like 2 or 3 cars during rush hours, usually gas stations are pretty empty here.

Right now it's at 6.85 shekels for liter, which is around 2$, half a fuel tank costs me about 90 shekels which is about 26$

I heard in the US there's like different fuel octane levels or something, I don't really get that, here we just always have like 2-3 options max, mostly it's just Diesel fuel, 95 Octane and 98 Octane, though I've never seen anyone here grab the 98 to this day, I think only people with luxury cars use that who are super rich anyway.
    I'm guessing without doing research that the 95 is equal to our 87 and your 98 is likely 91/92. I just learned there are multiple ways to measure octane worldwide, surprise, and it appears Israel uses the other measurement. Even so, Mirages run fine on 87 on hot days loaded down at highway speeds. Your fuel prices aren't terrible either. Nobody has it as good as the US.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

Trixie - Your new Mirage looks sharp! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Octane ratings are done differently in different parts of the world, but I don't think the fuel itself is all that different.

Quoting source - "Thus, regardless of where you live or the octane number on the pump, most unleaded fuel worldwide are the same. In Europe the number maybe 95, but it is no different than 90 octane fuel in America." Jul 13, 2016

taken from - https://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-t...20in%20America.

My guess is your fuel is labeled like Europe & not the USA.

The gas stations that I attend most often offer 91 octane/no ethanol (highest priced), 88 octane/15% ethanol (lowest price), & 87 octane/10% ethanol (mid-priced). I would use the mid-price fuel for my 2017 Mirage, because it fits the Mirage owner's manual recommendations.

These gas stations would also offer 85% Ethanol gas (cheapest of all) for flex fuel cars, & diesel.

In my area three grades of fuel are common, & the top grade is usually non-ethanol gas. I typically buy non-ethanol gas for my ATV, UTV, lawnmowers, & 2-stroke gas chainsaws/grass trimmer. I have way less gas related problems using non-ethanol gas in my small engines. My one ATV is 37 years old, & it does fine. I have never had a gas issue with it. Even my 2-stroke gas trimmer is 28 years old. I am a firm believer in avoiding ethanol for small engines.

My Mirage does well with 87/E10. I use 88/E15 for my Impala (driving school car), because it's a flex fuel car. A little extra ethanol is no big deal. Not sure 88/E15 improves mpg over 87/E10, however?
    Last edited by Mark; 12-10-2022 at 06:52 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Trixie_I (12-11-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Heyo, thought i'd update on my time with the car, but first, a funny story!

I'm going to upload new pics of the car and you might notice 2 differences, the old pictures will have the seats in white and the car will have a different number plate, as it turned out, the next day after getting my car that night, Mitsubishi told me they accidentally gave me the wrong car

Next day they brought my "actual" car to my work place and we switched cars, it was pretty funny and I guess due to being excited about the car I forgot I told them I wanted the seats in black and completely ignored that the car they gave me had white seats.

Anyway, here's pictures of my ACTUAL car!

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  84.9 KB
    Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  86.6 KB
    Name:  car4.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  84.7 KB

Added some tiny stuff like the window wind rails/guards, I think they really add to the car's style + I love driving with the window slightly open and use that instead of the AC as much as I can.

Changed interior cabin and trunk lights to LED's, they look way better and actually help me see **** at night!
    Also changed the rear license plate lights to LED's because why not? decided to do them all while I was at it.

Obviously had to add the funny slow car club decal on the back, to let other drivers know that I can't race from stops at red lights as it might take me a few extra seconds to get going.

And the red MIVEC decals on both sides, they're small but I thought they added a nice touch to the car as well, they're not huge or in your face, and they look good with the white and how the front grill already has the 2 red lines, I think it goes nice together!

The car is great, really love her, she's a joy to drive and my pocket doesn't hurt driving her around!
    That's a Mitzvah right there! Congratulations, it's a beauty. Nice wheels too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Trixie_I (12-11-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That's a Mitzvah right there! Congratulations, it's a beauty. Nice wheels too.
    I'm close to retiring and not a lot of "stuff" impresses me. But...I'll admit when I see a Mirage, clean and loved I always smile and think "there goes someone who isn't defined by "stuff."" Our little cars tug at me emotionally in a way I don't understand but roll with it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-11-2022),Trixie_I (12-11-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Trixie - That is a good story and your car does look really good. It's funny, over here in the states I jokingly say shekels when being (trying to be anyway) humorous. Like, someone wants to know how much this cup of coffee cost, I say, "2 shekels." I don't buy the fancy designer 8 shekel coffee, only The Warden does that. I make 5X her salary but she's richer than I am!

Is Israel the only country that uses Shekels?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Hey @7milesout, sorry for the delayed answer.

I believe so, the currency is called New Israeli Shekels or NIS in short, so makes sense it would be only used in Israel, at least I haven't heard about any other country that uses shekels as their main currency.