Thread: Hidden LED light strips

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hidden LED light strips

I know it is a pretty common aftermarket accessory but does anyone else have interior LEDs? Had these on my Amazon list and they went on sale so I decided to purchase them not to long ago. These lights really do add a nice touch to the interior especially for me. I sit in the car parked while on break or just hanging out with friends in the car. Pretty easy to install in the Mirage which is nice.

Under passenger seat

Under the driver seat, just noticed food crumbs, pretend you don't see that lol

Wires are coming out a little bit, I'll need to sort that out but this was really the only place I could find to mount this.

Mounting under the footwell is very easy with that flat plastic cover, cant even see the leds at all from most angles in the car.

Here is where I put the excess wires and receiver box, just a little space behind the console. You might want to ziptie the wires and box together as they start falling out of the space overtime. For the wires that go under the seat, I just put them under the plastic side panels of the console, no need to take apart anything.

Hopefully these pictures turn out okay since im using Discord for them. Feel free to ask any questions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicFoxes For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did some a accents for my midrange speakers.
    Name:  20221119_193901.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  99.3 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looking awesome! Love that soft glow almost in the purple spectrum. It looks like you have the OEM floor mats? Upgrade to a set of Weathertech's or something similar that provides complete footwell coverage as soon as possible if you can. There is wiring that runs underneath the drivers footwell that was subject to a recall in the past due to moisture issues from the water / snow that you bring in every time you get in the car which eventually caused electrical issues. So the drier you can keep the carpet (Mirage really doesn't have carpet, but what ever it is) the better!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I really enjoy these LED interior upgrades. Waiting for someone to do a Starlight Headliner Kit!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Looking awesome! Love that soft glow almost in the purple spectrum. It looks like you have the OEM floor mats? Upgrade to a set of Weathertech's or something similar that provides complete footwell coverage as soon as possible if you can. There is wiring that runs underneath the drivers footwell that was subject to a recall in the past due to moisture issues from the water / snow that you bring in every time you get in the car which eventually caused electrical issues. So the drier you can keep the carpet (Mirage really doesn't have carpet, but what ever it is) the better!
    DO NOT USE THE WEATHERTECH MOUNTS!!! The Mirage mats, are you know, are held in place with hooks. DO NOT use these hooks. Seal the holes in the Weathertech mats with silicone or something and just fit them into place. The worst thing you can do is allow salt to migrate under the WT's and sit there all winter.

I have LED kits, each has a remote and they do all sorts of wild things. I have to find time to mount this stuff. Hey, I didn't find the time to check my tires and drove around for a year or more @18 PSI. Ya, I'm that guy.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-11-2022)