Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ontario (just ordered 2023 manual Mirage - never driven one)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    Hey, I remember the Festiva, I didn't realize it was mazda derived.

What do you mean about Mirage power steering being its down fall? Is it too soft, or there are issues with it? I don't care about power steering, on a little vehicle like that i don't even think it is required.

If I could build this mirage myself, I would likely opt out of ac, and get rid of the steering wheel mounted controls, power mirrors, rear view camera and rain sensing wipers. I would also trade the power windows up front for manual ones.
    A base model 1990 Ford Festiva L (designed by Mazda, built by KIA, sold by Ford) didn't have a lot of extras - radio, speakers, antenna, intermittent wipers, passenger side mirror, tachometer, A/C, power windows, power locks, cruise control, air bags, traction/stability control, & power steering were all missing.

A base model 2022 Mirage ES manual in the States would have all of those features. I realize a Canadian base model Mirage doesn't come with cruise control & a few other features.

In my opinion, the base model Festiva handled better on the highway, because it didn't have power steering. I agree with you! A small car with skinny tires doesn't really require or need power steering. The Mirage is not horrible in this regard, but I do believe it would handle better without the current electric power steering it has added to it. If it didn't come with power steering, I am sure some would disagree with me, too.

At the same time, i must also acknowledge small cars were not be driven as fast in 1990. Although the National Maximum Speed Limit law was repelled while I owned that car (1990-2004), it took some time for speed limits to increase again in my area. I don't really have a 55+ mph highway within an hour of me even today.

"The National Maximum Speed Limit (NMSL) was a provision of the federal government of the United States 1974 Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act that effectively prohibited speed limits higher than 55 miles per hour (89 km/h). It was drafted in response to oil price spikes and supply disruptions during the 1973 oil crisis and remained the law until 1995." taken from another source

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update!

I can now claim that I sat in a mirage. What a tiny box!
    It was cvt, so I didn't bother driving it. Name:  20221118_162343.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  97.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update!

I can now claim that I sat in a mirage. What a tiny box!
    It was cvt, so I didn't bother driving it. Name:  20221118_162343.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  97.0 KB
    How come my uploaded pictures show sideways, even though the originals are not? How can I fix that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi all,

After an extensive search in Ontario and Quebec, I was finally able to locate a 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage. I put down the deposit yesterday, and should be getting my little manual transmission commuter early in January 2023.
    Congrats fellow Ontarian! I've had my 2022 5sp ES for a year (on 20 Nov).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-19-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Did you rotate the pic on another app, or is there a feature here to manipulate picture?
    (I don't see it on my phone)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey there! I just joined, have had two Mirages. Good handling cars. I'm thinking about racing mine and may need the help of the forum

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CANautocross951 View Post
    Hey there! I just joined, have had two Mirages. Good handling cars. I'm thinking about racing mine and may need the help of the forum
    How do you like the Godspeed coilovers?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    How do you like the Godspeed coilovers?
    I cranked them way up in stiffness - this will not be to everyone's tastes - however, the handling is vastly improved. Not only did it sudden stiffen everything up, but it also made it understeer less and made the suspension adjustable.
    A Canadian racing driver wanting to make his daily playful - please respect my anonymity though, for insurance and warranty reasons!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CANautocross951 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (01-02-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CANautocross951 View Post
    I cranked them way up in stiffness - this will not be to everyone's tastes - however, the handling is vastly improved. Not only did it sudden stiffen everything up, but it also made it understeer less and made the suspension adjustable.
    Nice! Ican't decide if I should wait until the warranty expires to do the suspension, and to got with Godspeed, or crank open the wallet for a set of BC.