Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is forward collision mitigation standard on the 2021?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question is forward collision mitigation standard on the 2021?

on the usa website it shows Forward collision mitigation as standard on all trim levels: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2021/specs on the canadian website https://shop.mitsubishi-motors.ca/build/model it is only shown as a feature on the highest trim level the GT trim.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    on the usa website it shows Forward collision mitigation as standard on all trim levels: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2021/specs on the canadian website https://shop.mitsubishi-motors.ca/build/model it is only shown as a feature on the highest trim level the GT trim.
    Yes, FCM became standard for all Mirages in the States in 2021.

Since 2017 these have become standard features for all Mirages in the States -

2018 Backup cameras (mandatory) & Bluetooth
    2019 Cruise control & 6-way adjustable driver's seat
    2020 Automatic climate control
    2021 Forward collision mitigation

Obviously, some trim levels had these features before that. These changes have impacted the base level the most.

Apparently, it's not a standard feature in Canada & only the GT trim level has it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How to turn on FCM? How do I know if it is active?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yes, FCM became standard for all Mirages in the States in 2021.

Since 2017 these have become standard features for all Mirages in the States -

2018 Backup cameras (mandatory) & Bluetooth
    2019 Cruise control & 6-way adjustable driver's seat
    2020 Automatic climate control
    2021 Forward collision mitigation

Obviously, some trim levels had these features before that. These changes have impacted the base level the most.

Apparently, it's not a standard feature in Canada & only the GT trim level has it.
    Yeah, they really screwed the trim levels over here. The only way you can buy a new Mirage in Canada with keyless entry or 4 power windows is if you buy one of the 2 highest trim levels (SE or GT) which are only offered with the cvt. Heated seats or mirrors are only available on the GT trim, same with the 6 way seat. Though an armrest comes with the SE trim and 4way seat. I think it's stupid how they dick with trim levels, like how Ferd doesn't offer cruise in the base XL trim Maverick(if you swung that way).

If we buy new cars for work they're probably gonna be SE models and if that's the case I think it might be worth pricing out a corolla or porsche????

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tortus View Post
    How to turn on FCM? How do I know if it is active?
    Try to run into a tree or a building & see if it stops?

Sorry, I am a driving instructor, too!

I joke with my student drivers all the time. We'll drive through a Walmart parking lot & people react to the car coming at them before we stop. I joke about their overreaction, because what are the odds of both of us not hitting our brakes? I can stop the driver's education car on a dime with the dual brakes. We are probably the safety car in the parking lot. I also tell them that I don't want head imprints on my car. It's not a good look for a driver's education car. A little old lady with a walker would probably dent the car even more!

If you want to see something that will make you laugh, this takes less than one minute of your life to watch -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zgr_Gg11U

Since many of us own older models without FCM, it's not going to be covered in our Mirage owner's manuals. What does your owner's manual say about it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (09-01-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The collision mitigation is a joke. The slightest bit of ice or rain over the sensor can set the alarm off. I even tested it out just swerving to the left before I could hit my wife's parked car. All it did was set the chime off, it didn't apply the brakes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The collision mitigation is a joke. The slightest bit of ice or rain over the sensor can set the alarm off. I even tested it out just swerving to the left before I could hit my wife's parked car. All it did was set the chime off, it didn't apply the brakes at all.
    The wife has some collision junk in her sorento. Anytime she calls me while driving all I hear in the back ground is the stupid beeping. (She's a horrible tailgater btw) Although I drive it once and a while and have had it go off for me for no apparent reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The wife has some collision junk in her sorento. Anytime she calls me while driving all I hear in the back ground is the stupid beeping. (She's a horrible tailgater btw) Although I drive it once and a while and have had it go off for me for no apparent reason.
    Same here and I even programmed it to only go off at the closes distance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't believe the Mirage has Collision mitigation it has forward Collision warning. I know that in my Eclipse cross I had to get the SEL trim to get forward Collision mitigation with high speed intervention

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    I don't believe the Mirage has Collision mitigation it has forward Collision warning. I know that in my Eclipse cross I had to get the SEL trim to get forward Collision mitigation with high speed intervention
    According to this all trims of 2021 Mirages comes with collision mitigation that will apply breaks in certain situations.
    https://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/m...ll%20love%20it.