Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS/Traction Control lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avgjohndoe View Post
    The kick panel in question, is that the panel the hood latch is located on?
    Yes...

Name:  kick_panel.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  37.7 KB

So you took your car to a dealer but they didn't diagnose this problem for you?

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 06-04-2020 at 05:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A lot of the jargon is gibberish to me without a good google on the codes. But I went in the first time and requested the recall work be done. They had cleared the dash lights, I assume from the re-flash work that was done.
    After I come to get it they told me they needed to order a part ( PCV ) and it would take about two weeks to come in.
    I got a call the day following that, to tell me the park came in.

Not a hard part to change I know but I brought it back and asked that I receive any codes my car might be throwing while it was back there and mentioned I didn't know if they inspected the wiring but it did not look like they had done so but I was not back there in the shop do I wouldn't know ( the dirt in my floor mat did not seem to have been disturbed and I assumed I would see at least that if work had been done )

This time when I got the car back and got the invoice I didnt see anything that looked like a troubleshoot code and asked the service advisor about any codes that were on it. He went and got their copy of the report and said he was not showing any.

He then proceeded with, "I work on them often and if I had to guess I would say the ABS and Tractions lights are from a Speed Sensor. One of the front ones I would expect. Those Mirages a good little cars its about all I see them for.".
    I asked, "Do you have information on what kind of tolerance to expect if I hooked up a multi meter to it".

He said they didn't as they have some $22k machine they hook it up to and it just tells them which one is the problem. That if I hooked a meter up to it one of the pins wouldn't show anything ( he mentioned two of them, I think it was ground and neutral ).

Well after getting in the car it definitely looked like they had pulled the panel to look. I could see stepping into the vehicle the kick-panel was a bit loose. After getting home a closer inspection showed I am missing the nut for it and the gasket for that and the door were underneath the panel. This is the first time I have ever taken a car to any kind of shop ( besides tire ) and after inspection the second experience is closer to what I was expecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Avgjohndoe; 06-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

new parts huh
    Last edited by Avgjohndoe; 06-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Is the ABS or traction control warning light still on?

If you are trying to attach photos to your post, I can't see them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Avgjohndoe View Post
    Name:  pcv.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  pcv inspection.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  97.4 KB

new parts huh
    That does appear to be the work of a factory trained technician. You can always look up your vin on the Mitu usa site and find out if your car has any outstanding recalls. There was one for that connector. Though it's easy to miss corrosion there. The dorks at the dealer here missed it and wanted to charge me for an etacs module. Retards...... I shouldn't throw all dealers under the same bus but I've had more horrible experiences than good ones.

Had a cummins crate engine installed in a 5 ton truck by a authorized cummins dealer. It was just an old 8.3 mechanical job but the hacks that installed it effed up almost everything they touched. When I went to pick it up after the install I found Power steering hose leaking, pulled it with my hand, ac wasn't recharged(they said it was empty and didn't think it worked..), wiring harness laying across exhaust manifold, loose bolts everywhere..... I left the truck and told them to call when it's ready. again. Took it back twice for oil leaks for the first 2 weeks then I just ended up fixing everything myself. Found they replaced the belt tensioner with the wrong one causing it to eat belts every 2 months. Eventually the air compressor came loose, cracked the timing cover, they fudged it through as a warranty claim. I picked it up and didn't look it over first. Got back to the shop, found a big ass engine chain they forgot dangling above the fan, dipstick tube wasn't mounted( left pushed against firewall, oil fill wasn't bolted on. Mind blown...
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-04-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Posts 10, 12, and 13 Should have working attachments now.

post 10, the last on page one, has a photo of my gauge cluster I took about 2 mins ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Is the ABS or traction control warning light still on?

If you are trying to attach photos to your post, I can't see them.
    They are.

Well it looks like the inspected the common problem connector. But wtf wouldn't they scan the thing and give you the damn codes? They could have been retards and missed corrosion. As I mentioned in previous post. Just a little green is enough to screw up these things. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it first hand.
    If you had a code as to why abs light is on we'd have something to start with, otherwise we're just guessing. There is a service manual download for 2015 floating around here that's pretty handy to have.

here: http://mmc-manuals.ru/Main_Page

I'm sure you can test abs sensors by unplugging the connector , hook up a meter to read ac and spin the wheel.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-04-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: added link
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (06-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That does appear to be the work of a factory trained technician. You can always look up your vin on the Mitu usa site and find out if your car has any outstanding recalls.
    yeah, same ones as before I went are still listed

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There was one for that connector. Though it's easy to miss corrosion there. The dorks at the dealer here missed it and wanted to charge me for an etacs module. Retards...... I shouldn't throw all dealers under the same bus but I've had more horrible experiences than good ones.

Had a cummins crate engine installed in a 5 ton truck by a authorized cummins dealer. It was just an old 8.3 mechanical job but the hacks that installed it effed up almost everything they touched. When I went to pick it up after the install I found Power steering hose leaking, pulled it with my hand, ac wasn't recharged(they said it was empty and didn't think it worked..), wiring harness laying across exhaust manifold, loose bolts everywhere..... I left the truck and told them to call when it's ready. again. Took it back twice for oil leaks for the first 2 weeks then I just ended up fixing everything myself. Found they replaced the belt tensioner with the wrong one causing it to eat belts every 2 months. Eventually the air compressor came loose, cracked the timing cover, they fudged it through as a warranty claim. I picked it up and didn't look it over first. Got back to the shop, found a big ass engine chain they forgot dangling above the fan, dipstick tube wasn't mounted( left pushed against firewall, oil fill wasn't bolted on. Mind blown...
    And storys like that are why I have always tried to do my own work. It sure seems like the old adage has it right, If you want something done right. . well
    Last edited by Avgjohndoe; 06-04-2020 at 08:50 PM.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/ab...ed-sensor-test Find out why your light on then go from there.

If you can change oil or even a flat tire then you're leaps and bounds ahead of most of the knob gobblers in shops I've dealt with over the years.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-04-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Mirage videos:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (06-04-2020)