Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: break in period

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . It would be kind of cool to do it at home and they offered that option to me but I wanted to go for the drive. I confirmed with AFI that it would be OK to leave the wrecked car at WB. I then I went on a long drive after I took delivery. I like to stay at or below 4K rpm for the first 500 miles and below 5.5K for the first 1K miles. After that it is full throttle and red line shifts to get to speed. I will drive it that way for the rest of its life.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . . It would be kind of cool to do it at home and they offered that option to me but I wanted to go for the drive. I confirmed with AFI that it would be OK to leave the wrecked car at WB. I then I went on a long drive after I took delivery. I like to stay at or below 4K rpm for the first 500 miles and below 5.5K for the first 1K miles. After that it is full throttle and red line shifts to get to speed. I will drive it that way for the rest of its life.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I totally get that. You were trading in a car. I wasn't, & I didn't have anyone lined up to help me go get a car. When I shared that with Richard (now owner of White Bear), he removed any obstacle that I could think of at the time.

I asked Richard for a brand new $9,500 Mirage at the time. Richard immediately told me how I could get one for $9000 instead. This is someone who didn't have the car on his lot. He was willing to find one & sell it for that price, even though I didn't qualify for any special rebates (loyalty owner, military, VIP, etc...).

Mad City showed no interest in me. I just used them for a test drive. Richard told me what to look for when I test drove a Mirage elsewhere, too. I don't hesitate to recommend White Bear & somewhat slam Mad City. It was about as opposite as you could get!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-12-2020),inuvik (05-13-2020)