Thread: May usb connection be made to 2021 Mirage radio/sound?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

May usb connection be made to 2021 Mirage radio/sound?

We decided to look for a little larger vehicle for the herd of family dogs to ride. Did a drive in a Fiat 500 suv and was impressed! The cheapo MP3 player would not pair with the Bluetooth of the car (surprise! It won't pair with anything...) but the Fiat had all the wires hooked into the system from the usb port! Great sound! We did not buy the car but that is another story...

My question is: any of you actually hook up yjr data wires of the power only usb port to the radio? This 2021 Mirage has only one usb socket on the center console, forward, to the right of center and is power only. There is absolutely NO usb in the glove box.

Is there even an auxilliary input on the radio?

I will be looking at add-on bt modules to plug into cheapo MP3 player that WILL pair with Android or iOS .

Karl

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    it was probably relocated to the center console in the newer model years because if your radio supported CarPlay and/or android auto it would be wired and use that port. on the old mirages like mine the glove box usb port was designed to be used with a connected flash drive to store songs on that would be left plugged in long term.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, but the question is have any of you hooked up a data or audio input to the radio/sound system? The logical following question would be how was it done? That was my intent, anyway...
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Yes, but the question is have any of you hooked up a data or audio input to the radio/sound system? The logical following question would be how was it done? That was my intent, anyway...
    A 2021 Mirage has Appleplay/Android Auto as a standard feature across all trims, so that USB port you mentioned should be for data not just power. So you should be able to plug in your iphone or android smart phone and have your navigation and music apps appear on the infotainment screen.

It should also work just fine reading mp3s from a USB thumbdrive. An MP3 player should work also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    A 2021 Mirage has Appleplay/Android Auto as a standard feature across all trims, so that USB port you mentioned should be for data not just power. So you should be able to plug in your iphone or android smart phone and have your navigation and music apps appear on the infotainment screen.

It should also work just fine reading mp3s from a USB thumbdrive. An MP3 player should work also.
    In canada CarPlay is only available on SE and GT trims: https://mirage2022.mitsubishi-motors.ca/Default.aspx
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, to remove any doubt that I did or did not do something the first time I tried to get her chinesium MP3 player to work over a usb cord please recommend a definitive test to see if data will go through the usb socket.

The Samsung tablet pairs right up to the Mitsu radio via bluetooth. Of course, I cannot seem to determine from the Amazon write-ups if any of these bluetooth systems are either iOS or Android OS.

Again, are there any data connections on the back of the radio? Again, has anyone made a direct usb connection?
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Okay, to remove any doubt that I did or did not do something the first time I tried to get her chinesium MP3 player to work over a usb cord please recommend a definitive test to see if data will go through the usb socket.

The Samsung tablet pairs right up to the Mitsu radio via bluetooth. Of course, I cannot seem to determine from the Amazon write-ups if any of these bluetooth systems are either iOS or Android OS.

Again, are there any data connections on the back of the radio? Again, has anyone made a direct usb connection?
    I would just toss some MP3s on a cheap thumbdrive and insert that into the USB connector. It should absolutely read that if it accepts data. Mine does.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohoGames For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (03-21-2023),mohammad (03-22-2023)

I have the old crappy 2014 orange screen radio in mine and recently discovered I can play sirius radio via bluetooth from my phone and the titles show up on the screen. One day I'll get a vehicle with a fancy screen and backup camera and join the modern world.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (03-21-2023),mohammad (03-22-2023)