Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CVT interchangeable from different years?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Why not? Flat rate is flat rate, except you usually can make better time on a Japanese product than other makes.
    NO... I worked @ a North American Manufacturer Dealership (no name mentioned) & made good flat rate money, then a Girl came by (1st mistake) & I moved from my area to hers & the Imports were the only ones hiring... You can't make a living doing timing belts & oil changes because nothing ever broke on them... As soon as an opportunity was available, I went back to a domestic manufacturer dealership because they had a lot more to fix...every day, all day, more work ( & recalls)...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    NO... I worked @ a North American Manufacturer Dealership (no name mentioned) & made good flat rate money, then a Girl came by (1st mistake) & I moved from my area to hers & the Imports were the only ones hiring... You can't make a living doing timing belts & oil changes because nothing ever broke on them... As soon as an opportunity was available, I went back to a domestic manufacturer dealership because they had a lot more to fix...every day, all day, more work ( & recalls)...

Well I worked at a Honda dealership for 3 years and did fine with 30k/60k/90k, etc. services, timing belts, water pumps, alternators, fuel pumps, brakes, drivability problems. I find the Japanese actually design their cars with eventual repairs in mind (underhood layout, fuel pump access panels so you don't have to drop the tank, smart interior fasteners,)etc. And Hondas had recalls, too. At least 20 years ago, domestic American cars and european cars required too many special tools for repair, and the book times were a joke compared to the time the job really took. I'm glad your experience was different, though. Maybe it's gotten better.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Finally, the transmission was replaced with one brand new. Picked up the car today. The handling now makes me remember a bit the way it drove when it was new. Expectedly, there's more torque on low gear and fuel efficiency is restored. The gear change on the automatic portion is more snappy now.

Tech said that the old tranny pressure was way below the spec of 585 PSI. He removed the valve body and saw wear on the belt and pulley.

All was a hefty $7000, "generously" covered by Mitsu.

Attachment 24230

Attachment 24231

Attachment 24232
    you are very lucky your car is technically almost brandnew now, CVT is one of the easiest part to evaluate its just based on target and actual pressure, if it didn't match its no good..

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Why not? Flat rate is flat rate, except you usually can make better time on a Japanese product than other makes.
    Because, in my experience, Mitsubishi dealers suck and I've dealt with 4 different ones for our 4 Mirages, over the years. I guess I'm conflating terrible customer service and shoddy work with unhappy service technicians not thrilled with their place of work. However, I have no idea what goes on back there, full disclosure.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Domestic? You're Canadian, so technically wouldn't a US MFG be considered foreign to you as well? Lol I kid, but has there ever been a Canadian car manufacturer?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Domestic? You're Canadian, so technically wouldn't a US MFG be considered foreign to you as well? Lol I kid, but has there ever been a Canadian car manufacturer?
    If the first 2 characters of the VIN were 2F, they were Canadian build, 1F were built in the States... I worked as a Tech for a Ford dealership for Many years...then moved on to Heavy Truck / Transports...Not into that anymore as the last 14 years are more research / decommissioning work...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    If the first 2 characters of the VIN were 2F, they were Canadian build, 1F were built in the States... I worked as a Tech for a Ford dealership for Many years...then moved on to Heavy Truck / Transports...Not into that anymore as the last 14 years are more research / decommissioning work...
    I was just curious why Canada never had their own MFG. I could see a Canadian car being like a North American Volvo or Subaru.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Because, in my experience, Mitsubishi dealers suck and I've dealt with 4 different ones for our 4 Mirages, over the years. I guess I'm conflating terrible customer service and shoddy work with unhappy service technicians not thrilled with their place of work. However, I have no idea what goes on back there, full disclosure.

I can see a day in the near future where Nissan/Mitsubishi service is at the same dealer, kind of like those KFC/Long John Silvers, lol.what's sad is that our current generation Mirage may be the last of the pure Mitsubishi (EC not included).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I was just curious why Canada never had their own MFG. I could see a Canadian car being like a North American Volvo or Subaru.
    AMC had manufacturing in Canada that was inherited by Chrysler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My cvt has kicked the can. 158kmi. Anyone know if the 2020 cvt are interchangeable. They all seem to be the same but who knows? Seen you'll mentioned 2017 is good but what about a 2020. Thanks fellas

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)