Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Rage :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    The Rage
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Mercury Gray
    5 MT

Details

Mitsubishi Side Sill Extensions

•  

Weighted shift knob

•  

Custom SRI with K&N filter

Eibach Pro Kit
    Doax Rear Sway Bar

•  

CURRENT:
    15x5 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ wheels (15x5 +45)
    175/55/15 Nankang AS-II tires

•  
    Comments: 42 / Views: 36567
    Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    What's getting warranted?
    Well, TPMS light was on, so they should fix that (they said they were going to try to get approval for new sensors), seat bottom has a divot in the back (right my my tailbone), driver's side door makes a whistling noise above 35 mph. It's not just a little wind noise, it's a loud whistling. Also, the glovebox rattles. Because of the COVID-19 thing, it appears stuff is moving extra slow at Roger Kehdi Mitsubishi in Tigard. It's been there over a week. Last week, they said they hoped to have it done by today (4/1). Hopefully that wasn't an April Fool's joke. That being said, I have other cars I can drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for posting all your experiences with your Mirage. Your car and articles/blog entries are the first search result when you Google "Mirage side sill extensions". It really helped me out a lot when it came to deciding whether or not I would get them myself! There really aren't any other good pictures with them installed.

I'm surprised more people don't get them. They really tidy up the look of the car - makes it look finished!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2020),Subcompact Culture (09-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Well, TPMS light was on, so they should fix that (they said they were going to try to get approval for new sensors), seat bottom has a divot in the back (right my my tailbone), driver's side door makes a whistling noise above 35 mph. It's not just a little wind noise, it's a loud whistling. Also, the glovebox rattles. Because of the COVID-19 thing, it appears stuff is moving extra slow at Roger Kehdi Mitsubishi in Tigard. It's been there over a week. Last week, they said they hoped to have it done by today (4/1). Hopefully that wasn't an April Fool's joke. That being said, I have other cars I can drive.
    Let’s hope that was a joke! I called their service dept a few months ago and wasn’t impressed. I ended up scheduling service with Gladstone Mitsubishi and they were fine. Neither one are convenient for me with either one being over a 500 mile round trip but Gladstone would commit to getting the car done the same day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Let’s hope that was a joke! I called their service dept a few months ago and wasn’t impressed. I ended up scheduling service with Gladstone Mitsubishi and they were fine. Neither one are convenient for me with either one being over a 500 mile round trip but Gladstone would commit to getting the car done the same day.
    Oh, I'll never take the car back to Roger Khedi. Horrible experience. They had the car for over a month for a belt and TPMS sensor. They also told me they wouldn't warranty the TPMS sensor, I said fine: DON'T FIX IT -- I don't want to pay dealer price for it. Yeah, COVID-19 was just underway, shipping, parts availability, yadda, yadda, yadda. But over a month? I finally called Mitsubishi Customer Service and they opened a case regadring why the heck it was taking so long (I could get a replacement belt myself from MitsubishiPartsWarehouse in like 3 days). The next day they said the car was done. FINALLY.

I went to go pick it up and they were explaining what was going on and they tried to charge me the $130 or whatever for the TPMS sensor. I told them that I said NOT TO FIX IT! They said that it was a safety issue and it had to be fixed, but said they'd eat the cost.

I'll be going back to Gladstone if I need service again. I've gotten parts from them for years and they're fine. I'm not a huge fan of their sales tactics, but I'm not looking for a brand-new car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Oh, I'll never take the car back to Roger Khedi. Horrible experience. They had the car for over a month for a belt and TPMS sensor. They also told me they wouldn't warranty the TPMS sensor, I said fine: DON'T FIX IT -- I don't want to pay dealer price for it. Yeah, COVID-19 was just underway, shipping, parts availability, yadda, yadda, yadda. But over a month? I finally called Mitsubishi Customer Service and they opened a case regadring why the heck it was taking so long (I could get a replacement belt myself from MitsubishiPartsWarehouse in like 3 days). The next day they said the car was done. FINALLY.

I went to go pick it up and they were explaining what was going on and they tried to charge me the $130 or whatever for the TPMS sensor. I told them that I said NOT TO FIX IT! They said that it was a safety issue and it had to be fixed, but said they'd eat the cost.

I'll be going back to Gladstone if I need service again. I've gotten parts from them for years and they're fine. I'm not a huge fan of their sales tactics, but I'm not looking for a brand-new car.
    The Mirage is the only Mitsubishi vehicle I plan on owning, because of their dealership network. I would not feel comfortable going to my local Mitsubishi dealership, & the one that I would trust is about a 400 mile round trip for me.

A month to change a belt is not going to win over future customers. That's poor management.

I'm sure you could have found someone who could have only taken 2-3 weeks to change the belt. It's not that hard
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm sure you could have found someone who could have only taken 2-3 weeks to change the belt. It's not that hard
    Serpentine belt? My private mechanic changed mine out in an hour after ordering the part from Napa that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Serpentine belt? My private mechanic changed mine out in an hour after ordering the part from Napa that day.
    It's literally a 5 min job to change the belt on these cars.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    In all honesty, I haven't had to change mine yet. It's looks about as easy to access as you can get. Looks way easier than most cars, & to loosen/tighten is super simple.

5 minute job for a mechanic like Fummins,& a 10-minute job for non-mechanic like me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The belt was squealing and it was going into the shop for the TPMS light, so since I still have warranty left, I figured I'd let them take care of it. If it wasn't under warranty, I'd do it myself. Honestly, I thought they'd just tighten it; I wasn't expecting a new belt.