Thread: Premium paid account

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Premium paid account

Can we get a yearly paid account to remove adds? I've seen some forums do this and I feel like Id easily cough up some money to not have adds. Also I dont use an add blocker because I know thats how you're paying for the site.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-04-2020),MetroMPG (01-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL, I will say it... I think interest in this will be about as much as the responses you have gotten. Most of us drive Mirages because we are tight wads!

That said, I don't know if its the same or different between our browsers or experience, but I don't even notice ads on this site. Definitely not in comparison to other forums I have perused over the years.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2022),Top_Fuel (12-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I get earwax removal ads, shady international dating website ads, auto trader canada ads..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I get earwax removal ads, shady international dating website ads, auto trader canada ads..
    There is a kohls ad on your post right now for me and I don't shop there.

I don't notice too many ads though.

I've been getting a lot of questionable ads show up lately. One has a picture of someone pouring a bottle of ketchup into their gas tank with a caption suggesting people don't know about this fuel saving trick... another shows someone with a pair of scissor shoved into an electrical outlet claiming how to save on electricity. Seems legit. I'm too computer dumb to post the pics though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

craigq (01-22-2022),mohammad (01-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If the mods will post instructions/link I wouldnt mind donating $15 or whatever per year to help pay the tech costs.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    LOL, I will say it... I think interest in this will be about as much as the responses you have gotten. Most of us drive Mirages because we are tight wads!
    This is pretty much what Tim & I figured. (Looks in mirror, acknowledges self as part of same group...)

I'll talk it over with him again. Wouldn't be too hard to set up.

Ad income has been declining somewhat, we figure mostly because of ad-blockers. Some browsers come with ad-blocking enabled by default now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2022)

Honestly I wouldn't pay to remove ads. They are annoying but I'm not paying to be here. I'd prefer it the other way around.

I'd prefer monthly contests where you win something like a $25 gift card or something. I did win a bulldog gauge thinger here years ago. I should go find it(I think it's buried in my truck that's buried in a snow bank), make sure it still works and throw it in the pot.

Besides, I think my car does run better after filling it up with ketchup but the fuel economy sucks.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-25-2022 at 07:38 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't pay to remove ads. They are annoying but I'm not paying to be here. I'd prefer it the other way around.

I'd prefer monthly contests where you win something like a $25 gift card or something. I did win a bulldog gauge thinger here years ago. I should go find it(I think it's buried in my truck that's buried in a snow bank), make sure it still works and throw it in the pot.

Besides, I think my car does run better after filling it up with ketchup but the fuel economy sucks.
    I really like the forum. I would rather have the ads than pay to be a member. I'm not sure that I would pay to be on the forum. I am just a cheap Mirage owner!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2022)