Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turning off traction control

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Yes you don't need much HP in light car. Now imagine how quick it would be with 148hp 4B engine...
    It wouldnt be that light anymore, bigger brakes, bigger exhaust, bigger engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    I realize you wanted every advantage so that you could beat the Spark, but do you think that turning of the traction control or using the B gear actually helped you get ahead of the Spark?
    When the car registered tire slip it limits power to the wheels. In "B" the engine keeps the revs around 4k RPMS the entire time. What I don't get as he said he did a brake torque when it specifically says in the manual that if you press the gas and the brake at the same time it will disengage the accelerator for safety reasons.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    When the car registered tire slip it limits power to the wheels. In "B" the engine keeps the revs around 4k RPMS the entire time. What I don't get as he said he did a brake torque when it specifically says in the manual that if you press the gas and the brake at the same time it will disengage the accelerator for safety reasons.
    It may above a certain rpm. I was only using enough throttle to make sure it was engaged 1000-1200. Like a fast idle. I can rev much higher than 4k in "B"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    You have to turn traction control off every time you start the car if you want it off, right? I believe it defaults back to on when you start the engine the next time.
    Yup. And this is especially irksome if you're frequently killing the engine to save fuel on the downhills on the gravel roads of a fuel economy rally. Sometimes you want the car to rotate a little bit more in the turns than the nanny thinks you should!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 25Plus View Post
    When the street is really slippery, the rpm will be stalled right at 3000 rpm, even with full throttle. The light for the electronic stability program goes on, but you have really enough rpm to let the tires spin as you want to.

Therefore itīs a lot of fun to drive the Space Star in the snow
    One of the first long-term reviews of the Mirage that I saw was done by a Canadian reporter during a Winnipeg winter. He praised the traction control for not being too restrictive.

Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage long term test video review (The Road Trip)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-06-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I believe that it depends on the order the pedals are pressed in. if its brakes first then while holding brake you depress the gas pedal i believe that is ok. This functionality is normal for you to hill-start without rolling back. If you press both pedals at the same time I believe that the accelerator may disengage as sometimes people will accidentally press both pedals when they are trying to panic brake. But ive never tried this.