Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What car did your Mirage replace? Trade-in, sold, or none of the above?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All of these yet none of them. My fleet doubled from 2 to 4 cars this year...

Once I get around to it next summer the powertrain of the red car will go in the body of the green one as a winter car. Red one is terribly rusted and green one runs terribly weak. So indirectly it will replace the red 97 I suppose.

Shocking to some(like my parents) I really didn't enjoy the Mirage the few months I was driving it. Think that was largely due to the very brief week or so I had driven my black 95 before buying after having not driven it for nearly 2 years. Also driving something many times more expensive than I was used to made me uneasy.

My low rust and miles black 95 may still be my favorite car, but the other two can't beat the Mirage, I may have been too critical of it. I also found disagreeing with the EPA tests that I got about 7% better mileage in the Mirage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

craigq (11-28-2019),Eggman (11-28-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Also driving something many times more expensive than I was used to made me uneasy.
    I know what you mean - I felt the same way. It's odd in that it's a new vehicle at the price of used.

I always did like the looks of the Metro hatchbacks. There's nothing else quite like it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Traded in a 1989 Dodge Spirit LE for the first Mirage. It was just one of the various cars here I didn't care about and had like maybe $400 into total and did one of those trade in special sale things where they'll give you like $4500 off for your used car. It was a total pile of garbage... had to force feed it starting fluid or propane to get it to start because it had weird electrical issues... so the fact that after I got it to Madison it wouldn't start for them made me laugh.

Traded in a 2007 Toyota Tacoma for the second Mirage. It had a ton of miles... I think it was like 380,000. Bought it cheap, fixed a few things on it, but the frame was getting dangerous (and it just missed out on the frame replacement warranty by like two months...) so I ended up getting all the money back I had put into the truck ($3400) so that worked out just fine. Basically got to use the truck for free for a few months and then use it as a down payment on the car.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    2004 Subaru Outback 3.0 H6 special 35th anniversary edition. I got 140k miles out of it, with everything going wrong at once. Crankshaft position sensor failing, leaking oil, failing brake line, exspensive weird tires, terrible mpg @ 20 combined, and a failed cat converter that would of cost $3k to repair. This will be my only Subaru. It was safe, fast, lots of power, seats werent that comfortable for the expensive edition Outback though. Sold it for $1300 to a hippie that lived in a county that didnt have emissions standards, so no issue getting it titled with a check engine light on.

Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Red one is terribly rusted
    I can hear the rocker panels flapping from here!

My low rust and miles black 95 may still be my favorite car
    How many miles? I'm debating whether to hang on to my black 98 Firefly (and "parts car winter beater Metro"). 47k km = 29k miles & very rarely winter driven. Drives like new - tight & rattle-free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

When I met the ol' lady she had a 15' Optima. We bought a house together last September and shortly after picked up an 04 Armada for her to drive for a year or 2 (til we paid off her car) and I drove her Optima. Her work pays her fuel so fuel economy wasn't important. Shoulda bought an excursion.....
    Well, the wife got tired of driving the Armada and I got tired of working on it so she traded the optima in on a 20' sorento(bad deal woulda been better giving car to a stranger and still pay out balance owing lol) and I drove the Armada til I found my reasonably priced car. So now we have 4 vehicles......Going to try to sell the Armada soon. I have an 05 Dodge diesel truck that I use for doing truck things that I will probably keep. Until I get tired of dumping money at trying to fix typical dodge truck problems.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    When I met the ol' lady she had a 15' Optima. We bought a house together last September and shortly after picked up an 04 Armada for her to drive for a year or 2 (til we paid off her car) and I drove her Optima. Her work pays her fuel so fuel economy wasn't important. Shoulda bought an excursion.....
    Well, the wife got tired of driving the Armada and I got tired of working on it so she traded the optima in on a 20' sorento(bad deal woulda been better giving car to a stranger and still pay out balance owing lol) and I drove the Armada til I found my reasonably priced car. So now we have 4 vehicles......Going to try to sell the Armada soon. I have an 05 Dodge diesel truck that I use for doing truck things that I will probably keep. Until I get tired of dumping money at trying to fix typical dodge truck problems.
    Whats up with the Armada? I thought that was one of the Nissans you could actually trust?

It’s not bad, rad is now leaking, had an evap code from day one, Tpms sensors are all screwed, needs a windshield, ac doesn’t work, lines rusted out at the back heater box, air shocks leak. And both exhaust manifolds are cracked lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It’s not bad, rad is now leaking, had an evap code from day one, Tpms sensors are all screwed, needs a windshield, ac doesn’t work, lines rusted out at the back heater box, air shocks leak. And both exhaust manifolds are cracked lol
    Damn! Canada really is tough on cars!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG
    How many miles
    It can't hold a candle to your low mileage, wow!

Just shy of 169 Mm, converted to metric for your ease .

By comparison Red is closing in on 452 and green is about 560.

Question for people in the metric world: why say k km, when the système international has a unit for that, the megameter. Isn't that the reason to use metric, scalable units for any quantity?