Thread: So I test drove a Mirage today...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

So I test drove a Mirage today...

... and I'm definitely getting one! I love it! I had taken it out for a spin to see how it compared to the reviews.

The car isn't anywhere near as loud as I thought it would be. The engine noise is noticeable when you give it a bit of gas, but is in no way an issue. The car is quieter than my current 2001 Civic by a good bit

Not as much get up and go as the Civic, but I still easily fit into traffic in the city and the fuel economy tramples the Civic Love the clutch! The shifter seems to have a bit of a *click* going into gears which I like.

It was a nice ride. Took the roads well. The sound system more than meets our needs. Nice cold A/C and High/Low heated seats. A locking gas door, keyless entry, power windows and locks. Love it! Popped the hood and the lights are all easy to change - no more scraping my hands up!

The reviews for this vehicle SUCK!

Honestly, the only issue I have with this vehicle is the huge spot between the back window and the back passenger windows. Quite a bit bigger than I'm used to driving a car which means I have to use my mirrors more. Could use with a back up camera because I won't be able to tell how far I am from walls.other vehicles.

We also finally found a great dealer(after speaking with 4 already). I'll be speaking with her again. Hope to be adding my Mirage to the garage soon

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)

Congrats, Back-space.

Quote Originally Posted by Back-space View Post
    The reviews for this vehicle SUCK!
    Yup - anyone who reads only the couple of big, negative media outlet reviews will wonder what's wrong with those guys after driving this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats, Back-space.

Yup - anyone who reads only the couple of big, negative media outlet reviews will wonder what's wrong with those guys after driving this car.
    I had said the same to my girlfriend One of the reviewers was also reviewing some pricey Lexus. Comparing the Mirage to something like that, I can see why they don't like it. Off the lot at $19 000, though, this car exceeds the expectations I had for it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You are Smart back-space.can't wait to see your mirage
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    You are Smart back-space.can't wait to see your mirage
    Me, neither I want to be at the dealer when the truck pulls in. If I could I'd back the thing off the truck, myself

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Congrats, you will love the car. Just don't drive it in europe (especially germany where there's no speed limit ����LoL����)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Congrats, you will love the car. Just don't drive it in europe (especially germany where there's no speed limit ����LoL����)
    I love it already I kind of want to go back and grab one instead of waiting for the 15's...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your welcome that's the way I was when I knew I was getting one.I had already decided what colors I whanted my Frist choice was red, or purple, then blue, and at the bottom of the list was green&black.it turned out that all I was approved for was the DE and there was NO red. But they had the Blue so that's what I got.what color are you getting? When did they say the 15s were coming ?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats!