Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: put on an Accent?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I was just impressed with the power, good mpg and being a tad better equiped.
    Yea, I was impressed reading that article. 7.5 0-60 is downright fast, slightly better then my Fiat turbo. 41mpg at 75mph to boot?? It's a great package but the lack of a hatchback irritates me. I can get the same overall performance in the Kia Rio hatchback but they stupidly only sell the stick with manual windows and no Bluetooth, forcing you to buy an automatic which is a second slower (though much faster then the Mirage).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The manual RIO does not even get power locks or rear camera. One thing that I dont understand is why no camera since its mandated for 2018! And I agree, a Hatch would be my choice
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    The manual RIO does not even get power locks or rear camera. One thing that I dont understand is why no camera since its mandated for 2018! And I agree, a Hatch would be my choice
    It does get power locks for 2018, but your right, no camera. I think they manage to fulfill the requirement by having it standard on some trims. I don't think the law requires it on every trim sold.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had an 03 rio base - without AC/PS.
    Good little car. Looks great too with my enkeis.

Wish my brother wouldnt have wrecked it.
    I planned for it to be my weekend racer.

I'll derail this a bit more.
    It looks like a backup camera isn't mandatory til may 2018..https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...by-2018-223739 But the base rio comes with it standard in Canada. As well as heated seats and steering wheel. No ac though. http://www.kia.ca/rio5door?sourceid=new-nav
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'll derail this a bit more.
    It looks like a backup camera isn't mandatory til may 2018..https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...by-2018-223739 But the base rio comes with it standard in Canada. As well as heated seats and steering wheel. No ac though. http://www.kia.ca/rio5door?sourceid=new-nav
    That's interesting...weird Kio would bother building a model with no cam when they have to add it a few months later. Seems like it would waste money in a few ways...1. It costs money to offer multiple builds of the same car. 2. Dealers will have to sell them at a loss because why bother buying it when the car next to it only costs $50 more and has a nice cam.