Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go baby go.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Go baby go.

I've got 500lb of paving stones and mortar in the back of the micra right now. All I can say is, no way the Mirage would still have down travel if I did this with it instead.

Only sharing here because the Micra forum isnt exactly popping with anybody who would get a chuckle out of this.
    Name:  20190720_163130.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  20190720_163123.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  97.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Only sharing here because the Micra forum isnt exactly popping with anybody who would get a chuckle out of this.
    ]
    Ha ha nicely done. What can't you transport in a subcompact?

So nickels, to ask the obvious question, how does the Micra compare to the Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

So nickels, to ask the obvious question, how does the Micra compare to the Mirage?
    He's got a great thread on this topic: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...rage-vs-Micra)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mainertodd For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-21-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I've got 500lb of paving stones and mortar in the back of the micra right now. All I can say is, no way the Mirage would still have down travel if I did this with it instead.

Name:  20190720_163130.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  20190720_163123.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  97.6 KB
    I dunno I think the Mirage could do it. I had 4 adults weighing 700 lbs rough estimate in my Mirage. It didnt bottom out or anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I dunno I think the Mirage could do it. I had 4 adults weighing 700 lbs rough estimate in my Mirage. It didnt bottom out or anything.
    That's what I was thinking. Two large guys in back could be more than 500 pounds.

He could return all the items he just bought with his Mirage, and gives an update. I doubt that's gonna happen, however!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah but hes got all the weight in the cargo area, much different then a couple big guys sitting in the back seat.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Yeah but hes got all the weight in the cargo area, much different then a couple big guys sitting in the back seat.
    This, but to the others points, you must have some damned smooth roads.

The Mirage can't have 2 adults in the rear seats here, lest you want to beat them to death using the suspension.

Micra is a lot tighter, which is good because I move everything using my two cars. If the Mirage can't handle it, I throw 2l/100 out the window and take the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    This, but to the others points, you must have some damned smooth roads.

The Mirage can't have 2 adults in the rear seats here, lest you want to beat them to death using the suspension.

Micra is a lot tighter, which is good because I move everything using my two cars. If the Mirage can't handle it, I throw 2l/100 out the window and take the Micra.
    The Mirage would handle 500 pounds of cargo in back without issue. You may want to spread it out more, but it's going to handle it.

If you subtract the curb weight of both vehicles from their gross vehicle weight, the Micra has about a 200-250 pound advantage in payload capacity. That's not a huge difference, but the Mirage is surely less. The Mirage's curb weight is about 230 pounds less (comparing manual models), too. The Mirage is a lighter car. It's not surprising its payload capacity is less.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Mirage would handle 500 pounds of cargo in back without issue. You may want to spread it out more, but it's going to handle it.

If you subtract the curb weight of both vehicles from their gross vehicle weight, the Micra has about a 200-250 pound advantage in payload capacity. That's not a huge difference, but the Mirage is surely less. The Mirage's curb weight is about 230 pounds less (comparing manual models), too. The Mirage is a lighter car. It's not surprising its payload capacity is less.
    I'm not discussing pure maths, I'm saying the Mirage suspension can NOT handle local roads with 400lb in the back seat, yet the Micra can with 500lb in the boot.

I care not which one has a higher payload or is more capable by the data sheet, simple fact is the Micra can hold a lot more before it starts slapping its upper components with its lower components.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Only one way to find out right?