Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    With the crazy prices on used Mirages:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 13.03.33.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  54.8 KB

It might be cheaper to buy new. This is the dealer I bought my Outlander Sport from and did it all over the phone. They still have a few 2021's left. Here's one of them.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 13.04.39.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  87.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-17-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    just a thought if you remove curtain airbags and were to install a new rear bumper how far do you think the rear quarter panel would be from the rear bumper? it maybe closer then your photos are having us believe as your current bumper is broken away from the body. If all you need to do is fix the wheel well sort of, and replace a bumper and light it maybe do-able by yourself. Plenty of people where i live drive around with aftermarket unpainted missmatched black bumpers they can't afford to repaint.

Also with regards to insurance if you have liability only some insurance companys may not brand the title of your car as structural damage or totaled. If your car is branded as structural damage or totaled you will have alot of issues registering it depending on state. Some states require expensive inspections to ensure you didnt use stolen parts/all airbags are there/ bumpers have been fixed.

With liability only insurance they dont generally care if you have a branded title as it doesnt really effect the odds of you crashing.

If you are thinking of scraping the car assuming you have the space you can always try and part it out, just the lights seats and various engine parts should net you a couple grand, you could also sell whichever airbags didnt deploy and a bunch of other odds and ends.

I dont mean to be rude but if you could share any photos of the vehicle you collided with id be interested.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I was thinking the below highlighted red member was pushed outward. I'm not familiar with the suspension down yonder. It may be like that from the factory for all I know.

Attachment 22506
    No, I checked the other side, too, as I had noticed that as well. They were identical. I think the green hornet can be saved. It drove fine and felt fine after I had to drive it out of the way of traffic. If they can keep it between $7k -8k, I think I can get another 100k miles out of it. That's how nuts the market is right now. Other wise, I'm going to try to find another vehicle, under $15k. There's also a Mitsubishi dealer in Albany, GA who has some 2020s left over, all Mirages. His OTD price was $18k. I'm not paying that for a Mirage. Fingers crossed, though that I can save that lil green *******.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    just a thought if you remove curtain airbags and were to install a new rear bumper how far do you think the rear quarter panel would be from the rear bumper? it maybe closer then your photos are having us believe as your current bumper is broken away from the body. If all you need to do is fix the wheel well sort of, and replace a bumper and light it maybe do-able by yourself. Plenty of people where i live drive around with aftermarket unpainted missmatched black bumpers they can't afford to repaint.

Also with regards to insurance if you have liability only some insurance companys may not brand the title of your car as structural damage or totaled. If your car is branded as structural damage or totaled you will have alot of issues registering it depending on state. Some states require expensive inspections to ensure you didnt use stolen parts/all airbags are there/ bumpers have been fixed.

With liability only insurance they dont generally care if you have a branded title as it doesnt really effect the odds of you crashing.

If you are thinking of scraping the car assuming you have the space you can always try and part it out, just the lights seats and various engine parts should net you a couple grand, you could also sell whichever airbags didnt deploy and a bunch of other odds and ends.

I dont mean to be rude but if you could share any photos of the vehicle you collided with id be interested.
    I'd love to part it out on ebay but it's just not feasible in apartment living. I couldn't have transactions going on all the time outside in parking lot, taking parts out etc. I don't have a garage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    mohammed - Georgia, is a little more kind of take care of yourself, in a lot of ways. If Dirk has the title (which I suspect he does) and he has the car, or it is located at a shop under his control (which I suspect is the case), the car and the title are his to decide what to do with, all on his own.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Dirk - You could repair it in bite size chunks. Starting with whatever would affect roadability the most. And then move on to what would rust. Etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    If they can keep it between $7k -8k...
    Don't spend $8K fixing that thing and don't run out and buy a new car, either. Just get it driving so you can take some time and think about it. Cut that deployed airbag out (wear a mask and some gloves), slap a used eBay taillight on it, and tape the bumper cover on. Boom...you'll be back on the road for under $100 and about 2 hours of work.

I'm with 7milesout. You don't have to get it all fixed at one time.

Here's a start...

Name:  taillight.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  55.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Sorry to hear about this. Hope you’re okay.

Isn’t the other driver responsible for a rear-end collision? It might be worth looking at the other driver’s mobile phone usage and vehicle black-box data at the time of the accident.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. Hope you’re okay.

Isn’t the other driver responsible for a rear-end collision?
    He probably changed lanes into him, side swiping him. making him responsible(just my guess)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    He probably changed lanes into him, side swiping him. making him responsible(just my guess)
    My guess is the other driver had the last clear chance to avoid the accident, unless they were speeding, driving recklessly, impaired or distracted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)