Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my Mirage....... UPDATE: bought another one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Android Auto sucking isn't Mirage exclusive. I've used it on the Hyundai made Mirage radio, the Kenwood made deck in my Outlander GT, the Mitsu electric deck in rental Eclipse Cross, Clarion made units in a Impreza and Crosstrek, and whoever makes the radios for new Toyota's. It was crap in all of them.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-06-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Android Auto sucking isn't Mirage exclusive. I've used it on the Hyundai made Mirage radio, the Kenwood made deck in my Outlander GT, the Mitsu electric deck in rental Eclipse Cross, Clarion made units in a Impreza and Crosstrek, and whoever makes the radios for new Toyota's. It was crap in all of them.
    Hyundai made the radio in my old 2014 Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, that was Mitsubishi Electric. The Android auto deck for the 17-20 was made by Hyundai Modis.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's not just Android Auto either. Apple Car Play is a total crapshow as well...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    It's not just Android Auto either. Apple Car Play is a total crapshow as well...
    I just plug my iPhone in with the USB port and it shows up as a iPod in my Outlander Sport and I have control over music. I have the base model receiver, I believe it's the same model that was in the 2018 & 2019 Mirages. I don't use any apps while driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Dirk,

So sorry to hear of your crash and the financial losses you endured but I am happy to see you in that beautiful red new car and I am delighted for you to experience the comforts of a new car. Its a nice feeling, I still remember how happy I was with my 2015 driving it home New and everything so clean and shiny.

Dont forget to wax it at least every 6 months to maintain that paint (I use NuFinish). Cheers

And stay away from the robot car-wash where you sit in the car on a conveyor belt while the robot arms wash the car.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Hey Dirk,

So sorry to hear of your crash and the financial losses you endured but I am happy to see you in that beautiful red new car and I am delighted for you to experience the comforts of a new car. Its a nice feeling, I still remember how happy I was with my 2015 driving it home New and everything so clean and shiny.

Dont forget to wax it at least every 6 months to maintain that paint (I use NuFinish). Cheers

And stay away from the robot car-wash where you sit in the car on a conveyor belt while the robot arms wash the car.
    Thank you brother! The red looks good but nothing beats the classic kiwi green and the 2014-15 front fascia, it's the classic iconic look IMO. Preferred by hard-core Mirage modders.

Go grinch the front bumper cover, headlights, hood and fenders from your old car. Maybe the rad,rad fan, condenser, alternator, ac compressor and starter, sunvisors, and mirrors too while you're there. Ohh, grab the airbags too and keep the pigtails. They're fun to blow up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Go grinch the front bumper cover, headlights, hood and fenders from your old car. Maybe the rad,rad fan, condenser, alternator, ac compressor and starter, sunvisors, and mirrors too while you're there. Ohh, grab the airbags too and keep the pigtails. They're fun to blow up.
    I wish but Maaco ended up taking the Avocado away for $500. I do have a full Mirage spare tire kit for sale for $200 on eBay. I'm also selling OEM steel wheels.

What a bargoon.
    I'll likely be putting a 2015 front bumper and hood on a 2017 that got wrecked a few month back. Nobody has a 2017 bumper cover. This 3 year flu really screwed things up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)