Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Small Car Stereotype: You're poor, have bad credit, or in a bad place

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My favorite car stereotype is:

"What personal or family tragedy occurred in you life that caused you to drive a PT Cruiser?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ened_you_with/

Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    My favorite car stereotype is:

"What personal or family tragedy occurred in you life that caused you to drive a PT Cruiser?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ened_you_with/
    In my dad's case: It had a lot fewer miles on it than the Camry it replaced, and was cheap (bought used).

it seemed like the fabric in that car was magnetic to stains or something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My buddy had a silver PT give and it was comfortable for road trips, plenty of space for 4 adults and luggage. I drove it during said roadtrips sometimes to give my friend a break. It cruised nicely, definitely underpowered for as heavy as it was, but considering I want an Outlander sport, Im not bothered by being slow lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    In my dad's case: It had a lot fewer miles on it than the Camry it replaced, and was cheap (bought used).

it seemed like the fabric in that car was magnetic to stains or something.
    A camry with "insert any amount of miles here" miles would still be more reliable than a Chrysler lol!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-21-2019),Fummins (11-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    A camry with "insert any amount of miles here" miles would still be more reliable than a Chrysler lol!!
    For the time he had it, it was perfectly reliable, oddly enough. Meanwhile, the Camry had a broken driver's side door, new water pump, and I think a new battery. Apparently the door was the last straw...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The only reliable Chryslers were the ones built by Mitsubishi lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-21-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think that stereotype is kind of an "American Thing". In most other places, gas/diesel is so expensive that small cars are often the norm for non-business related driving. Just look at Japan and many places in Europe. Tiny!
    I'm still disappointed that they canceled the Ford Ranger. It sold well in Canada but sales in the US steadily declined over the years until they axed it in 2011. The new Ranger, based largely on the international platform, is of course larger. There are minimal choices for the North American driver who wants a little truck. Although I love my F250, I should have never gotten rid of my Ranger.
    SMALL IS GOOD. I can U-turn my mirage almost anywhere and no parking spot is too tight!

I'll check out your blog post.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I think that stereotype is kind of an "American Thing". In most other places, gas/diesel is so expensive that small cars are often the norm for non-business related driving. Just look at Japan and many places in Europe. Tiny!
    I'm still disappointed that they canceled the Ford Ranger. It sold well in Canada but sales in the US steadily declined over the years until they axed it in 2011. The new Ranger, based largely on the international platform, is of course larger. There are minimal choices for the North American driver who wants a little truck. Although I love my F250, I should have never gotten rid of my Ranger.
    SMALL IS GOOD. I can U-turn my mirage almost anywhere and no parking spot is too tight!

The Eclipse Cross did very little to improve Mitsubishi's image. There's nothing special about that vehicle! I'm not saying it's a bad vehicle. It's just nothing special. It doesn't even compete well with the outdated Outlander Sport in my opinion.

The Triton (L200) pickup truck would have made a huge splash for Mitsubishi in the United States. It would blow away the pickup truck Hyundai is bringing to the U.S., too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (11-22-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post

Ford Canada blew out extended cab totally loaded 4x4 Rangers for $11,699 in 2011. They had options you've never even heard of. When I landed and got to the dealer, surprise!!, all 50 had been sold that fall day.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Eclipse Cross did very little to improve Mitsubishi's image. There's nothing special about that vehicle! I'm not saying it's a bad vehicle. It's just nothing special. It doesn't even compete well with the outdated Outlander Sport in my opinion.

The Triton (L200) pickup truck would have made a huge splash for Mitsubishi in the United States. It would blow away the pickup truck Hyundai is bringing to the U.S., too!
    They have been talking about the santa Cruz pickup for years now. Seems like a pipe dream considering they have released a bunch of new vehicles during that time.

Edit: just googled it and I guess it's a go for real finally. Made in Alabama for 2021. Wonder if it will retain the concepts extendable bed?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (11-22-2019)