Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Which oil do you use in 1.2 Mirage?

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If the engine sees lots of miles with few starts and stops, such as in highway driving, there will be less start up wear over the life of the engine. Not every car gets that treatment. My typical use is a fifteen minute commute to work and back, and even shorter runs for errands and such. With that kind of use, and that there is little difference in price, I'll stick to the thinner, recommended lubricant.
    That's precisely my driving habits, mostly town & city with occasional motorway or B road trips. Sometimes I drive back to London (224 down and the same back as near as damn it) maybe twice a year. I'm sure 0w 20 will suffice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've used 0w-20 Mobil 1 full synthetic Extended performance since 1st oil change. Start out first oil change maybe 5000mi then the following oil changes 7500mi started sending samples into blackstone labs as I gradually reached 10000mi. My oil report was still in spec so I have been changing oil ever 10000miles since March 2015. Bought my little I-10 Warrior new with 600mi.. Now it has 120,000mi. Dropping transmission oil pan and changing both filters for first time today. Usually would extract oil from dip stick with vacuum hand pump. Curious to see what filters and oil pan looks like. This is my 3rd transmission oil change always used mitsubishi CVT OIL. But I think I may change both transmission filters from here on.
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-30-2019 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Undeleted this useful post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well accidentally deleted my post anywho.. I have used 0w-20 mobile 1 full synthetic Extended performance since 1st oil change in 2015. Currently my little I 10 warrior has 120000mi I also change my oil every 10000mi. Started out sending samples to Blackstone for couple oil changes. After running 10k oil changes the reports came back I could push 12500 but nope 10000mi enough. For first time today I'm dropping CVT pan and both filters I usually would extract oil through dip stick. Always used mitsubishi CVT fluid. This will be 3rd CVT fluid change from here and on I plan to change filters...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    Well accidentally deleted my post anywho.. I have used 0w-20 mobile 1 full synthetic Extended performance since 1st oil change in 2015. Currently my little I 10 warrior has 120000mi I also change my oil every 10000mi. Started out sending samples to Blackstone for couple oil changes. After running 10k oil changes the reports came back I could push 12500 but nope 10000mi enough. For first time today I'm dropping CVT pan and both filters I usually would extract oil through dip stick. Always used mitsubishi CVT fluid. This will be 3rd CVT fluid change from here and on I plan to change filters...

I'm going to go ahead and ask for Dirk (because I'm interested, too). Can you describe how you've used your car, driving style, conditions, etc. to get that CVT to 120k? People on here say heat kills them, but you are in TX, so that doesn't jive. There's a lot of CVT anxiety, as they seem to be a weak part of the car...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I first got it honestly I babied the heck out of it for maybe a year or 2. Past 3 years I strictly only drive this car highway only and use my titan around town. I usually drive at highway speeds of 70 to 85mph. Hopefully it will make it to 200000mi. Regardless whatever happens I will find another CVT and slam more miles to it. Love this little car. So far engine and cvt are holding up fine...I will start changing both CVT filters

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    When I first got it honestly I babied the heck out of it for maybe a year or 2. Past 3 years I strictly only drive this car highway only and use my titan around town. I usually drive at highway speeds of 70 to 85mph. Hopefully it will make it to 200000mi. Regardless whatever happens I will find another CVT and slam more miles to it. Love this little car. So far engine and cvt are holding up fine...I will start changing both CVT filters
    Ive been mix driving about 30% highway/ 70% city. I did my first cvt fluid change with OEM at 40k miles. At 70k Im going to change the filters. Are you saying you didnt change the cvt filters till 120k miles? Thats pretty good durability.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

MITSUBISHI CVT OIL CHANGE AT 120000 miles

This is how my CVT OIL looks after NOT EVER CHANGING FILTERS UNTIL TODAY. I have only used mitsubishi oil in CVT and Mobil1extended performance in engine. Check eBay and Amazon for 5quarts of Mitsubishi CVT. For engine oil take advantage of Mobil 1 rebate program make your purchase at walmart online to get maximum savings with rebate! https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mo...-1-rebate-2019
    Attached Images Attached Images        

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is how my CVT OIL looks after NOT EVER CHANGING FILTERS UNTIL TODAY. I have only used mitsubishi oil in CVT and Mobil1extended performance in engine. Check eBay and Amazon for 5quarts of Mitsubishi CVT. For engine oil take advantage of Mobil 1 rebate program make your purchase at walmart online to get maximum savings with rebate! https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mo...-1-rebate-2019
    Just a tip to all as mentioned at 120000mi my first time changing filters. I have driven around some obvious smoothier shifts. I didn't cut open main filter but obviously my CVT OIL still looked great BUT that AUXILIARY filter looked a lot darker almost black. So if your not gonna change the main filter every CVT OIL change then ATLEAST change the PAPER AUXILIARY FILTER every change.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-30-2019),inuvik (07-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Just a tip to all as mentioned at 120000mi my first time changing filters. I have driven around some obvious smoothier shifts. I didn't cut open main filter but obviously my CVT OIL still looked great BUT that AUXILIARY filter looked a lot darker almost black. So if your not gonna change the main filter every CVT OIL change then ATLEAST change the PAPER AUXILIARY FILTER every change.
    I think that's good advice. The auxiliary filter seems to do the bulk of the filtration and doesn't require you to drop the pan to change. Just be aware that the o-ring for the filter cap seems to be thin and fragile so make sure it doesn't get torn or unseated at reassemble.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes sir I reused mine. Which I don't recommend but the ones ordered were a tad bit to large. So far no leaks if you ensure its lubricated before installing Housing back on CVT it SHOULD be fine. I also inspected oring for nicks after I found the one I had was a no go. If you inspect oring and there is no gouged areas or nicks oil it good or grease and you will be fine.