Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of the Mirage?

Disappearing Mirage: Little Mitsu Could Soon Vanish UPDATED

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ca...anish-44498475

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2022),MetroMPG (12-31-2022),mohammad (12-29-2022),vintzend (01-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    Disappearing Mirage: Little Mitsu Could Soon Vanish UPDATED

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ca...anish-44498475
    From my perspective, the Mirage has already vanished in 2023. A base trim level with a manual transmission is the only Mirage that I would consider, and it would have to be priced right. In 2023 a manual no longer exists, & these cars are not priced right in my opinion. I know some will say compared to other vehicles, it's cheaper. In my mind, it's not cheap enough. You can add all the frills you want to a Mirage, & it's still a small economy car. A good small economy car should be affordable, reliable, & economical to drive.

A 2023 Mirage ES is currently $18,990 @ the same dealership that was selling ES manuals for $7,500-9,500 5 years ago. It's still the same basic car with a new bumper slapped on it. If I am spending $18,990 for a vehicle (most likely used), it would have to be quite a bit nicer than a Mirage. I am just speaking for myself here, & it's sort of a mute point because I wouldn't buy a small car without a manual transmission anyways.

Don't take this as me knocking a Mirage. I may be driving a 2017-2022 Mirage for the next 30 years, and that would make me quite old! I still see people driving 1988-93 Ford Festiva from time to time. That could be me in a Mirage some day, too!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2022),mitsumi (12-30-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    was this posted already? if yes please delete

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mitsubishi...Y-0LVYGroYbFFW

"it sounds like the Mirage has simply reached the end of its natural life cycle."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-31-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The article said its only being discontinued in Japan and that a Mitsu spokesman said it will continue to be sold in North America. The profit margins aren't as slim as they used to be with the Mirage costing $18k total now on avg. They have a chance to corner the market by selling the only subcompact in the US now that the Spark is gone. I hope the Emperor of Mitsubishi realizes that they're is a massive world economic recession looming in the near future and that working class people will need a reliable vehicle with a long warranty and great fuel economy to get to work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-31-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The article said its only being discontinued in Japan and that a Mitsu spokesman said it will continue to be sold in North America. The profit margins aren't as slim as they used to be with the Mirage costing $18k total now on avg. They have a chance to corner the market by selling the only subcompact in the US now that the Spark is gone. I hope the Emperor of Mitsubishi realizes that they're is a massive world economic recession looming in the near future and that working class people will need a reliable vehicle with a long warranty and great fuel economy to get to work.
    I hope the same emperor realizes their mistake and brings back the 5MT + premium package; the only one I'd purchase.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-30-2022),Mark (12-30-2022),mitsumi (12-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I hope the same emperor realizes their mistake and brings back the 5MT + premium package; the only one I'd purchase.
    Most enthusiasts like to row their own gears. Unfortunately, the number of automotive enthusiasts has dwindled significantly the past 20 years. Cars have become appliances that connect to smartphones, and manufacturers design toward ease of use, and b.s. ESG scores. Love it or hate it, the manual transmission will get harder and harder to find in a car you want.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Most enthusiasts like to row their own gears. Unfortunately, the number of automotive enthusiasts has dwindled significantly the past 20 years. Cars have become appliances that connect to smartphones, and manufacturers design toward ease of use, and b.s. ESG scores. Love it or hate it, the manual transmission will get harder and harder to find in a car you want.
    Mazda Miata may be the last one standing some day!

I'm lazy...I don't want a manual commuter car. My next vehicle may be one that's been hated by big diesel truck owners before Tesla! I think it'd be fun to buy one and park it next to my diesel truck. Attachment 24526 A Prius lol

The specs look good to me... AWD, 50mph, 0-60 in 7 Seconds(still slow but good enough), and gets 50mpg. Take my deposit! Then make me wait 2 years because that's the way she goes nowadays...

In reality I'll probably keep my turd pail til my kids take it over and run it into the ground in a week.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-01-2023)

2024 Mirage for Canada, supposedly

From an article looking at the sub-$25k market in Canada ...

Interestingly, the Mitsubishi Mirage [...] will be back for 2024. Mitsubishi Motors of Canada plans to import around 2,000 units of this model , whose sales are doing well.
    https://bobrtimes.com/a-base-model-please/

Sounds like reasonably legit info - as if the writer heard it from Mitsubishi directly, given the specific info about the number of cars it will import.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-26-2023),Top_Fuel (04-26-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Is that a reliable source? Never heard of bobrtimes before

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)