Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    on my 2014 did all the recall ( had a lot) + on warranty I had, passenger tie-rod loss, pignon rack was liking, check engine was on and the mechanic told my the code said to much air in the engine and after bring 3 time my car for lack off heating ( even hard time to unfreeze the windshield) i got my heat core changed.
    Good point the warranty work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    My engine has been doing this too for 2yrs and 25k miles or so. Best way I can describe it is marbles rattling around in the engine for a couple seconds after a cold startup. The longer the car has been sitting, the louder and longer it rattles (for up to 2sec). It sounds terrible and has me concerned it's damaging the engine. Has anyone had their dealership address this? What was their solution, if any?
    Same issue here! The last few weeks in cold weather, after setting over night, the car sounds like marbles in a coffee can. It's God awful sounding. Only doesn't here and there after it's been setting over night and/or in cold weather. Freaks...me...out. My best guess is momentary oil starvation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezy View Post
    Same issue here! The last few weeks in cold weather, after setting over night, the car sounds like marbles in a coffee can. It's God awful sounding. Only doesn't here and there after it's been setting over night and/or in cold weather. Freaks...me...out. My best guess is momentary oil starvation.
    Yes, it takes a couple of seconds when it’s that cold to get the oil distributed throughout the engine. It’s not going to damage the engine unless it’s like -45 then even 0w-20 is too heavy of a oil. Might have to opt for that ultra thin 0w-16 or add a cup of Marvel Mystery Oil to the crankcase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    70k had to have the manual transmission replaced. Stopped downshifting into second then stopped going into second altogether.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rush Clan For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-08-2019),MetroMPG (12-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Clan View Post
    70k had to have the manual transmission replaced. Stopped downshifting into second then stopped going into second altogether.
    Hello Rush Clan and welcome to the forum.

It would be helpful if you could provide more info about your Mirage, such as what year and trim level, as well as more details about the failure. Even typical driving style would be helpful (delivery, commuting, city v. highway, etc.)

And thanks for joining and sharing your experience with your Mirage. I don't think we have any prior reports of a manual transmission being replaced. CVT owners will rejoice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-08-2019)

Yup, first manual gearbox problem we've heard of like that. I'd love to know more too.

Dirk, I think I might need a hug!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I can see a misadjusted clutch contributing to shifting problems. A dragging clutch can lead to premature synchronizer wear (particularly on downshifts), extra force required to get gears to mesh, which could lead to shift fork failure. And I know shift fork failure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Clan View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Tell us your experiences with your Mirage and how it has been performing for you. Other than the warranty work on your transmission have you had any other repairs done? If you complete a garage entry you can provide all the details.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Second is a common gear to have issues with when a car is beat on. Not saying that's the issue here though.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Rush Clan and welcome to the forum.

It would be helpful if you could provide more info about your Mirage, such as what year and trim level, as well as more details about the failure. Even typical driving style would be helpful (delivery, commuting, city v. highway, etc.)

And thanks for joining and sharing your experience with your Mirage. I don't think we have any prior reports of a manual transmission being replaced. CVT owners will rejoice.
    No no noooooo, Im shocked the 5speed went out at only 70k miles! "Joy in the misery of others" isnt really my bag.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-09-2019)