Page 92 of 210 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Poor example? **** I'd but it if it were here. Rusty pos or not, if it runs and drives it's worth something. Drive it for another 2-5 years then throw it in the garbage.
    I did some google maps creeping and the street that the car is parked on is pretty decent. I even went super stalking and looked up what houses are listed for in the neighborhood, and damn! You get way more house for your money out that way than where I live. This house would probably list for closer to $600k in my town. https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...e-port-stanley
    But maybe they did what metro does and take pics at someone else's house that looks better lol.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

A 5-year old car won't be "rotted". (To me, "rotted" means you can pull chunks of it off with your fingers or poke holes.)

It'll have surface rust, and maybe some rust in the seams, but no structural damage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You get way more house for your money out that way than where I live.
    A 50' wide lot, flattering photo. Real estate is the cheapest between Windsor and London I'd say. I feel like I saw way more For Sale signs in Alberta. Like when I drove to Jasper from Edmonton this past May. Cash offers from Toronto are driving up London real estate making it too expensive for your average joe.

Sarnia is a real bargain, and right on the water and border. Chemical valley there though, mostly Petroleum. Oil is still pumped fresh from the ground in Lambton county, and many Canadians don't realize this.

**MetroMPG (and Fummins) - yea you're right, lots of life left in that Mirage, presuming there isn't a serious mechanical issue none of us know about. I would buy it, but I don't have the extra cash.

The car isn't selling so maybe I could get the Mirage for like $1500
    Last edited by dspace9; 09-06-2019 at 10:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    This one has a few scars (check photos closely)...but it's been for sale for a while. My guess is $3500 in cash would buy this one easily. Not bad for a manual transmission car with 50K miles and a clean title. Lots of life left in this one!

Attachment 15395

Link: https://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/...953936334.html
    Deffo not a coveted '15 ES... BUT, I will be calling about this baby tomorrow! Basic V2.0 anyone?!?!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

I started seriously organizing a road trip to go look at that $2k Mirage... and then I came to my senses.

I found the seller isn't particularly communicative. Selectively answering questions, ignoring others - that kind of thing.

An 11 hour road trip is a bit much to go kick tires on a cheap econobox. Similar opportunities will undoubtedly come up that are a lot closer to home. (With the number of Mirages sold in Quebec, I bet Montreal will be ripe for the picking in the near future. And it's only 2 hours each way.)

Of course, when he drops the asking price to $1500 tomorrow, we'll see how my resolve holds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-10-2019)

You never know, I absolutely hate selling stuff. I get every escaped mental patient asking the stupidest questions or idiots offering the most ridiculous trades or low ball offers.
    I don't take potential buyers travelling from far out of town seriously, I had enough out of town/province people make plans to meet up then bail last minute or just never show up. I now don't go out of my way to try and make a sale and don't answer the phone to out of province phone numbers. Might miss out on someone who's serious but I'm not poor enough to care lol. Yet....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    This one has a few scars (check photos closely)...but it's been for sale for a while. My guess is $3500 in cash would buy this one easily. Not bad for a manual transmission car with 50K miles and a clean title. Lots of life left in this one!

Attachment 15395

Link: https://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/...953936334.html
    Deffo not a coveted '15 ES... BUT, I will be calling about this baby tomorrow! Basic V2.0 anyone?!?!
    Hey Basic have you called on this? I see that the ad has expired.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I had enough out of town/province people make plans to meet up then bail last minute or just never show
    That seems to happen regularly to me with people who live in the same freakin' town!

I've bought 2 cars from Quebec - one Prius, one Metro - and have been lucky to have smooth transactions with nice sellers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Basic have you called on this? I see that the ad has expired.
    No, I have been swamped with work and didn't get a chance. Dang it.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    No, I have been swamped with work and didn't get a chance. Dang it.
    Look up the dealer and give them a call. An ad that has expired is different than one that was taken down by its author.

The dealer and their number is listed in the picture of the ad. Thanks Top_Fuel for posting it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)