Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Taking advantage of high used car prices...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Prius C has 240,000 miles on it so selling that would be a bit more difficult. Also, the boss lady says it has to stay since she bought a used RX350 to reduce her debt by selling her Mirage to carmax and now has to enjoy feeding it lots and lots of fuel. Plus, she couldn't drive the parts runner anyway because it's a stick and she won't learn how to drive the lord's transmission.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Mark, you live in rural Wisconsin. People there suck less than towards Chicago or the city dspace9 lives. When I'm using my Prius C for taxi work it's insane the amount of inbred hick Chevy lovers that come so close to hitting that thing ALL THE TIME because it says Prius on it. I don't drive slow or anything, but they hate it solely because it's a Toyota Prius. I totally get where dspace9 is coming from especially in that car. I have less issues with the hillrods when I'm in my Mirage, which is actually slower than the Prius is.
    I can't argue that. When I go visit my parents, I go through the Fox Valley/Green Bay area of Wisconsin. If I lived on the eastern side of state (Green Bay to Milwaukee), I wouldn't be as happy owning a Mirage probably. I go through those areas, but I am not driving those areas daily.

They say a Mirage is a city car, but I think it's a great little rural country car instead. Fast, heavy traffic & large potholes doesn't make me feel as comfortable in my Mirage.

My Mirage has been the perfect vehicle to compliment my Forester.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    They say a Mirage is a city car, but I think it's a great little rural country car instead.
    Agreement.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Agreement agreement!

95% of my driving is scenic routes & rural back roads, max PSL of 80 km/h = 50 mph. (Which is a big part of how I'm able to regularly get such silly MPG numbers.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, after lots of thinking and debate going back and forth a million and a half times in my head, the Parts Runner is getting out back to normal and will be getting sold to the dealer. I have a very special short time offer for anyone local enough... If you can pull the hitch and hardware off before Monday you can have the hitch and hardware for FREE. I am too physically messed up to go through fishing the stupid hardware out of the frame rails. So yeah, free hitch if you come pull it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay, after lots of thinking and debate going back and forth a million and a half times in my head, the Parts Runner is getting out back to normal and will be getting sold to the dealer. I have a very special short time offer for anyone local enough... If you can pull the hitch and hardware off before Monday you can have the hitch and hardware for FREE. I am too physically messed up to go through fishing the stupid hardware out of the frame rails. So yeah, free hitch if you come pull it.
    I have rear hitch bike rack that I like. Sent you a private message. Mark

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey I saw your message. I'm on the road right now I'll get back to you in a few.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would also take advantage of high prices but I love my Mirage too much. I did miss an opportunity to buy a 93 Montero in good condition for under $4000. I do want a camping rig but I can't afford a truck. I'll just buy something special like an imported Kei van for camping trips.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I would also take advantage of high prices but I love my Mirage too much. I did miss an opportunity to buy a 93 Montero in good condition for under $4000. I do want a camping rig but I can't afford a truck. I'll just buy something special like an imported Kei van for camping trips.
    I really like that vintage Montero. I never owned one, but they remind me of the cheap Isuzu Trooper. I have to believe the Montero was better built and more reliable than the Trooper, however.

I miss big square box vehicles!

One of my childhood friends' dad owned a couple generations of Monteros in the 90s and 2000s. At the time I was a young kid that didn't know much about anything let alone Mitsubishi. His dad seemed to love Monteros, he had em for years.

We use to call it the "Monty," or The Full Monty (no I never saw the movie/musical). We didn't really understand it, we just had heard that name from the movie at the time so it sounded right. It was a pretty cool boxy SUV in black with AWD and bells and whistles.

I haven't spoken to my friend in years but we grew up together with his family since living in Guatemala. I'll probably check-in with him to see how they're doing. His dad was a pretty cool hard ass guy, I still remember when he introduced me to The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone (the version with the long intro). He was tough on us, but it was necessary and I'm glad for it.

Last I heard he got into Harleys that guy.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 07-25-2021 at 05:34 AM.