Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 CVT mystery possibly solved

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    2015 and 2017 both use the same looking cooler. There are 2 ports that have coolant. Mirage's do not have an external oil cooler. Some Nissan's do. It probably wouldn't hurt anything to run an external cooler except in the cold. Would be an idea to have a cooler bypass or thermostat of some kind for winter time.
    Is the 2015 cooler 4 pronged or 2 pronged?

Attachment 151792 Here's another sideways picture.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (08-12-2019)

And heres a bear and a tanker that someone lost on the highway yesterday
    Attachment 15183Attachment 15184
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-12-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Two fluid lines to the radiator I believe. Exact same 2 pronged cooler as the utube vid I posted. My question is since my Mirage way underpowered compared to the Sentra, do I stand a chance of lasting longer?

Do yours look like this?

Attachment 15178
    Looks just like the 2015's onward. Change your CVT fluid, replace the cartridge filter. If you were really worried (and you are lol ) then your options are adding a additional cooler in between the radiator and the CVT or replacing your engine thermostat with a cooler temp one (if they are available). This will decrease your CVT temps due to cooler water temps. Decreasing fluid temps in CVT's or automatics can dramatically increase their longevity. You need enough heat for optimal operational temps but excessive heat is a killer for any CVT or automatic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2019),Fummins (08-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    And heres a bear and a tanker that someone lost on the highway yesterday Attachment 15180Attachment 15181
    Ugh I can't see either the bear or the tanker attachments. That would be something interesting to see even if they were sideways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ugh I can't see either the bear or the tanker attachments. That would be something interesting to see even if they were sideways.
    Fixed it. Happened minutes before I got there. The truck that lost it was parked up the road a little ways. Coulda been pretty ugly!
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    And heres a bear and a tanker that someone lost on the highway yesterday
    Attachment 15183Attachment 15184
    I thought you said the bears are smart and avoid the highways lol. Was that a black bear? We got those down here in Elvisland. You have killer brown bears in Alberta, dont you? And Grey Wolves?

I thought you said the bears are smart and avoid the highways lol. Was that a black bear? We got those down here in Elvisland. You have killer brown bears in Alberta, dont you? And Grey Wolves?
    Yeah it's a black bear. I've never seen a bear road pizza before. This is the second time I've seen one on that stretch of highway. It ran away after a minute. Haven't seen a brown bear out here. Just black and grizzly. There's wolves, cougars and all sorts of things to eat you out there.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yeah it's a black bear. I've never seen a bear road pizza before. This is the second time I've seen one on that stretch of highway. It ran away after a minute. Haven't seen a brown bear out here. Just black and grizzly. There's wolves, cougars and all sorts of things to eat you out there.
    Lol no brown bears just grizzles. Just an even bigger, scarier bear lol! Yall got wolverines, badgers, porcupines, Im jealous. Most exotic thing we got in Georgia is
    gross opposums.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Most exotic thing we got in Georgia is gross opposums.
    Not even armadillos.

Should have some gators though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)