Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My impressions and future projections

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

My impressions and future projections

From my experience with my Mirage so far, it's a keeper with loose ends that need tying up. It blows around in the wind a lot (well what do you expect from a 890kg car?) and has no balls. I can easily average 6.1 L/100km [39 mpg US / 16.4 km/L] in the city and 5.4 [44 mpg US / 18.5 km/L] on the highway in winter though. I expect that as it gets warmer, the numbers should drop. Also, it snowed last night. That means "let's see what happens if...." time.

Turned off the traction control and hit that e-brake. The tail end came out with a little coaxing but the balance of the car let it recover it's composure gracefully, unless you let the tail come out too far. It's also really stable in the snow and sure-footed. In the dry, it's limbering and you can't expect much from lowspeed driving. I haven't beat mine yet, but the dealer tester showed signs of high speed understeer and the same limbering character.

I can only imagine how much sharper and quickly it'll react to inputs when my TEIN coilovers GSE46-11AS2 arrive in February (Thanks for the info Daox). The turning radius is amazingly small so AutoX campaign it is. I have to find a way to source the Ultra Racing rear sway bar, but I'll be crafting my own chassis bracing since those from Ultra Racing are the simple and I want to add more points of contact and reinforcement since I'll be tracking the car as well. Also planning on Enkie RPF1s 15x7.0 +40 on 195/50R15 Dunlop IIs.

Stivo from the Philipines makes everything from headers back, plus intakes. Maybe if we bug Rally Parts, of the Philipines, enough (https://www.facebook.com/RallyParts) they'll start shipping to Canada/USA? They carry Stivo, Ultra Racing, and other product for our cars. Also, I found a way to source some Coltspeed parts from autostyle-usa.com (http://autostyle-usa.com/a05amirage/) so we'll see what happens there.

Last edited by MetroMPG; 12-21-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added mpg conversions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-21-2013)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    AAAAGGGHHHHHH.......I just found Largus coilovers on the same Autostyle site. Now I feel like a fool. Overpayed by $200.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site RalliArt_Mirage. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the car.

Ultra Racing products are available through Next Gen Tuning. We even have a start of a group buy going on here: Special deal for US Mirage owner on Ultra Racing products.

We would love to see your custom made bracing once you get to it. Please share pics.

We do have lists of aftermarket parts that are available. We're always looking for new info, but there might be something that you don't know about. For instance, Speedlab makes an intake kit and header for the Mirage. They're based in the Philippines, but they'll ship to the US. That, and their products have been dyno tested.

Suspension & brake aftermarket parts index

Engine & transmission aftermarket parts index

In any case, I look forward to seeing what you do with your Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site RalliArt_Mirage. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the car.

Ultra Racing products are available through Next Gen Tuning. We even have a start of a group buy going on here: Special deal for US Mirage owner on Ultra Racing products.

We would love to see your custom made bracing once you get to it. Please share pics.

We do have lists of aftermarket parts that are available. We're always looking for new info, but there might be something that you don't know about. For instance, Speedlab makes an intake kit and header for the Mirage. They're based in the Philippines, but they'll ship to the US. That, and their products have been dyno tested.

You God-sent son-of-a-mother. I would love to do power mods, but that's the warranty I'm most worried about (at least for now). But you will hear from me again. I intend on seeing the limits of this car and publishing my findings.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post

i dont think that the intake will work for US models mirage, since it comes with MAF sensor, the aftermarket intake doesnt have a mount for it

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pureflipking View Post
    i dont think that the intake will work for US models mirage, since it comes with MAF sensor, the aftermarket intake doesnt have a mount for it
    Correct, the intake is for MAP only. Speedlab have said they are trying to make an intake for MAF but this is harder. MAF are very sensitive to airflow. Different motion of the air hitting it and it gets confused very easily.

Thanks for the review/impressions, RalliArt!

Also, I copied your thoughts on handling in the snow into this thread:

2014 Mirage driving in snow (how does it handle?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the review/impressions, RalliArt!

Also, I copied your thoughts on handling in the snow into this thread:

2014 Mirage driving in snow (how does it handle?)
    THIEF! TTHHHIIIEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!! Just joking, that's cool. I was thinking of re-writing in that one but I got lazy. Added to it though since I came across ice yesterday.
    Last edited by Rival Autosport; 12-21-2013 at 05:57 PM.

PS...

Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    it's limbering
    Can you explain what you mean by limbering?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    THIEF! TTHHHIIIEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!!
    Hey, I'm helping your postcount.

Feel free to edit the snow post if you want to expand on it.