Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Being a parts manager yeah thats earned mileage appreciate

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloenbear69 View Post
    Im new to the forum and the car. It's attractive to me based on cost alone.

Now dont get me wrong y'all are fan boys but why did you want to get into a Mirage G4?

Personally i like the idea of a commuter car for myself because the amount of miles i pack on in a given month

I also like the idea of able to get a MT (not s fan of CVT)

How has ownership been whats the good the bad and of course the ugly i may expect if i were to buy one brand new

Let me know and thanks
    Cloenbear - To me your rational to be interested in the Mirage (cost alone) is 100% logical. I was interested in the Mirage for the cost, simplicity (manual trans availability), fuel efficiency, warranty. I thought it was decent looking too. But for the aforementioned reasons I would have still been interested even if it looked like a muddy poodle (poodles are ugly enough, cover them with mud and I guess they'd be even worse if that's possible).

My ownership is only 7 months old, but so far so good. Right now the way used car values have increased, makes it even a better time to buy new. The only bad thing I've experienced so far is having one of my friends ask me why I bought it. As if I did something wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Part of my duties with being a parts manager is visiting the local shops and with that has associated miles.

If i were to just focus on just on msrp the mirage is cheap with out a doubt. In this case i more worried about fuel consumption over resale value. Sure i could look at other MT vehicles i believe the Corolla has one as well. But if im going to back on the miles i believe that mirage may give more value than any car on the market. I dont want to go used because of how hyperinflated the market is. I dont want to go higher end because again mileage (i can easily put on 450 miles a month for sales call related and not including commuting)

Like my current Subaru its truly the last gen for the worker car. Simple reliable no bells and whistles but sadly Subaru had gone away from that.

Im hoping it fit the bill. Im glad there is still MT cars on the market

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage is a pretty great little car. I've owned (and own) several. They're pretty tough and reliable... and if they do break they're not that hard to service (see my post about "Basketcase" and how I had to fix a LOT of stuff on that very neglected thing) so once the warranty runs out you can keep it alive relatively easily.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The only bad thing I've experienced so far is having one of my friends ask me why I bought it. As if I did something wrong.
    Those aren't friends... those are people that will probably have to live on our couch at some point because they are "car poor". BTDT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna beco View Post
    Those aren't friends... those are people that will probably have to live on our couch at some point because they are "car poor". BTDT
    There's some truth to that. They are friends, but financially, they are not savvy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)