Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had the alignment checked by the local Mitsubishi dealer. Said everything was in spec and good to go including the rear axle so that's good. I'll probably have it checked elsewhere just to make sure since I didn't get a printout but I don't think they really have a reason to lie about it.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Had the alignment checked by the local Mitsubishi dealer. Said everything was in spec and good to go including the rear axle so that's good. I'll probably have it checked elsewhere just to make sure since I didn't get a printout but I don't think they really have a reason to lie about it.
    That's impressive that you have such faith in your dealer's service department. We need more dealers like that.

Have you worked with that service department before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I've done a ton of business with the Lexus/Toyota dealer owned by the same company. The Mitsu dealer here is a tiny tiny building and they share their service area with the Ford dealership that's there as well. They have ONE Mitsu technician and one Mitsu service writer. Do I trust them? No, not really. I'll still take it somewhere just to be absolutely sure. But I figure with the lack of Mitsubishi work for the guy to do they would love to replace axle and make some money off the company.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All right, the Curt trailer hitch I ordered is installed. That sucked horribly and I'm so glad that is over with hahahaha. Now if my darn Rockford Fosgate audio system will hurry and show up...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why was the hitch install so bad? Was thinking of putting one on my g4 for my bike rack.

And when you install the Rockford system please take picks post , along with your review..

your " name " always makes me laugh, first car was a 5 speed manual Plymouth reliant.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    your " name " always makes me laugh, first car was a 5 speed manual Plymouth reliant.
    Oh yeah - I had a 1987 Plymouth Horizon 5-speed. Next model year fuel injection replaced the finicky carburetor. That 2.2 engine was pretty reliable for it's time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money. My 2017 Mirage ES (manual) had the bluetooth & center console/armrest added to the car before a dealer picked it up for me from a different dealer. The center console/armrest is very unimpressive. It's very small. Even with front seat all the way back, your arm could never rest on it while your right hand is on the steering wheel. I might be comfortable if you're parked at a rest stop and taking a nap with the seat dropped back.

I don't have one, but the Toyota Yaris armrest will fit and seems 10 times better. I would never waste my money on the Mirage armrest. It not that great for storing anything either. I am not impressed by it, in case you couldn't tell!!!!
    I have that armrest in both of my Mirages and I personally can rest my elbow on the rest and hold the wheel but in the interest of full disclosure I have a 79" reach (very long arms) but yeah, it cant hold much and is still not the most ergonomic center console storage.

Welcome Dodge Aries guy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Richland Center isn't too far from me... if you hate the armrest console thing that much I'd be interested in it haha! But yeah, if it's that bad I'll pass on buying it new since it is kind of expensive for a plastic bin with some cloth on top of it.

I also ordered a trailer hitch for the car for my cargo basket. Best to put nasty engine blocks and transmissions on the cargo basket instead of inside the car where they can roll around and cause serious damage. It'll be ready to gather parts and do good work soon!
    I'm not sure you will want to use a cargo carrier behind a mirage to haul ENGINE BLOCKS unless they are weed whacker engine blocks lol. I can't imagine how collapsed the rear suspension would be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    I want to find a 5 speed Aries or Reliant wagon so unbelievably bad but it's almost impossible to find anymore... Especially one not rusted in half. They were damn good cars for their time.

As for the hitch sucking, we had to enlarge a hole on the frame which I didn't like doing because trying to feed the stuff through behind the bumper just wasn't happening.

As for carrying engine blocks and so forth, they would be small 4 cylinders, not crazy big V8 stuff hahaha. I plan on also replacing the rear springs with the Yaris ones to help alleviate some of the sag that will occur.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I plan on also replacing the rear springs with the Yaris ones to help alleviate some of the sag that will occur.
    Don't forget about some Air Lift air bag spring helpers. They're adjustable.