Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

MrNuff: Versa and Chevy Spark both use the same CVT7 as the Mirage. Likely different programming though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    If Mitsu was smart, they'd have you speak at a conference about the proper way to combat false narratives about Mitsu being unreliable. What's the highest mileage on a your Mirage with original CVT?
    No thanks. I don't care what people think of what I drive. I got tired of pissing away money on fuel and repairs so I drive one of these turds. I'd like to follow in Tyrel's footsteps and maybe pick up a Niro next if they seem fairly reliable.

But first must buy a toy hauler. Then I gotta see if I can beat my personal worst 7.8 mpg that I got in my truck last summer lol.

The highest mileage original cvt is posted above 390,000kms.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When I get really terrible mileage with something, I like to do the math and see how many mirages I could’ve driven the same distance with the same amount of fuel. 390k on original CVT is mighty impressive!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2021),MetroMPG (04-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    When I get really terrible mileage with something, I like to do the math and see how many mirages I could’ve driven the same distance with the same amount of fuel. 390k on original CVT is mighty impressive!
    I do the same thing! I drove about 140km in my side by side on Saturday and burnt about 30 liters.

You might be annoyed to know your old Mirage is still going(285,xxxkms)! I put about 1200kms on it so far just driving to work. I thought it was gonna crap out a few times but so far so good. I still haven't dropped the oil pan to take a look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    All the power to you! Glad it’s been a good purchase for you. My wife’s been enjoying her upgrade (back) to the Niro and I’ve been living that EV life for the past 10,000kms.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No thanks. I don't care what people think of what I drive. I got tired of pissing away money on fuel and repairs so I drive one of these turds. I'd like to follow in Tyrel's footsteps and maybe pick up a Niro next if they seem fairly reliable.

But first must buy a toy hauler. Then I gotta see if I can beat my personal worst 7.8 mpg that I got in my truck last summer lol.

The highest mileage original cvt is posted above 390,000kms.
    No you misunderstand my friend. I didn't mean speaking about what others think of your ride but about speaking to Mitsubishi and how to properly keep these on the roads and about how the Mirage is actually not bad in reliability. Most consumers looking write off the Mirage because of all the bs posted by non owners. I should of been clear sorry. Plus it'd been funny as hell watching you out drink the Mitsu executives. Yell at them about resurrecting the Montero with a regular auto trans while your at it!

Either or, Mitsu wouldn't want their stuff to last too long. As long as it lasts til warranty is up I'm sure they're happy, if not have the dealer tell the customer whatever is wrong is normal and hope it limps by til it's past lol. Can't make money if you build a car that lasts 20 years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-07-2021)

I think our highest mileage car is likely getting taken out back and shot. Was in a wreck the other day, it still drove back to the shop with blown airbags but the one framehorn is tweaked.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think our highest mileage car is likely getting taken out back and shot. Was in a wreck the other day, it still drove back to the shop with blown airbags but the one framehorn is tweaked.
    Is this the highest km one without a CVT replacement? If not, which one is? Is that driver in big trouble now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is this the highest km one without a CVT replacement? If not, which one is? Is that driver in big trouble now?
    No, just highest mileage overall. This one had the cvt crap out a long time ago at 300k km. I don't know, don't care what happens to drivers. Other peoples mistakes help keep me employed.

The highest mileage original cvt car is nearing the 400,000km/250,000mile mark. But I think it's used more as a spare/ba than anything.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-25-2021)