Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WeatherTech floor liners / mats

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    I love mine, but i also got the whole set used (Front and Rear) for $80 from someone who traded in their Mirage for a Eclipse Cross after 5k. lol.
    Less than half price. Gotta love it! I wish I could have gotten a deal like that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Well, after five years and over 130,000 miles, I finally managed to wear a hole in one of my Weathertech mats. Actually, there is another small wear hole next to this one as well.

This is just from five years of unapologetically hard commercial use, so I am not going to ask Weathertech to warranty this mat out for me. It did it's job, and now it is worn out.

I do, however, hope they will just sell me a replacement driver's mat instead of making me buy a new front set.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-15-2019),Top_Fuel (11-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Well, after five years and over 130,000 miles, I finally managed to wear a hole in one of my Weathertech mats. Actually, there is another small wear hole next to this one as well.

This is just from five years of unapologetically hard commercial use, so I am not going to ask Weathertech to warranty this mat out for me. It did it's job, and now it is worn out.

I do, however, hope they will just sell me a replacement driver's mat instead of making me buy a new front set.

So I called Weathertech and told them I wore a hole in the driver's mat. I asked if they could sell me just a replacement driver's mat, and the customer service rep said they only sold pairs. She did, however, offer me 5% off of my order.

Just out of curiosity, I asked if this was something that the warranty would perhaps cover. She asked for my last name and zip code to look up my order. Since the mats were only 5 years old and I had never had a warranty replacement before, she said Weathertech would replace them for me no problem! Hey, I guess I'll take it!

Great product, great company!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-15-2019),Fummins (11-15-2019),Top_Fuel (11-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I called Weathertech and told them I wore a hole in the driver's mat. I asked if they could sell me just a replacement driver's mat, and the customer service rep said they only sold pairs. She did, however, offer me 5% off of my order.

Just out of curiosity, I asked if this was something that the warranty would perhaps cover. She asked for my last name and zip code to look up my order. Since the mats were only 5 years old and I had never had a warranty replacement before, she said Weathertech would replace them for me no problem! Hey, I guess I'll take it!

Great product, great company!
    Do you have to turn those in I guess? I dont live in a particularly rainy environment, so I would just patch that and motor on if you want to sell them
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered some. Winced at the price, but when they arrived, I was very pleased. Awesome fit, good quality. And easier to clean than Hexmats. I'm happy with them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I ordered some. Winced at the price, but when they arrived, I was very pleased. Awesome fit, good quality. And easier to clean than Hexmats. I'm happy with them.
    I had never purchased WeatherTech floor before, but it will be the first thing I purchase with any future vehicles.

My 2011 Subaru driver's side floor was looking rough. I had worn a hole in the carpet, even though it had carpet floor mats. Thus, I bought front floor covers for both my Mirage & Forester at the same time. Makes my Forester look much newer inside, & it totally covers the worn spot. Awesome fit in both vehicles.

If you live where there is snow, I would highly recommend them. They are a great product, and it's nice to hear they are replacing Cobrajet's worn out ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Do you have to turn those in I guess? I dont live in a particularly rainy environment, so I would just patch that and motor on if you want to sell them
    I had to email a pic of the hole, which took all of 30 seconds. The mats are mine to keep. Since I assume they will send me a new set, I will have a spare worn driver's mat and a spare new passenger mat. I thought about patching this one, but couldn't really think of a way to patch it that would stand up to what I used them for.

If you are getting in and out of the car 10 times a day wearing loafers they would probably be fine. But getting in and out 100 times a day wearing combat boots will just result in the same problem after a few days or weeks.

It would probably cost some money to ship them, but make an offer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I thought about patching this one, but couldn't really think of a way to patch it that would stand up to what I used them for.
    Flex Seal patch?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That would probably work fine for 95% of people. But I really hammer these mats, hence the hole.

The hole is actually more of a slit. Unless you live where it rains 2/3rds of the year and use the car for lots and lots of deliveries...like I do...the wear spot likely wouldn't be a problem since it is "high-spot" wear.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    But it's Flex Seal. That stuff is magical. At least the commercials say so.

I'm pretty sure it was used to mend the Death Star.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)