Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Holy crap, I just saw this. I have some real interesting cars at work. I had one today with stickers/decals. A big one said 'DILLIGAF' and a smaller window corner one had the 'if you're going to ride my ass, pull my hair' that I've seen many times. FYI, it had 195/60/15 tires on crusty aftermarket rims that showed rubbing marks front and rear that were not that bad, and the driver was at least 250lbs.

I see a lot of other interesting cars like the ones on this thread, but I'm not going to get into posting things I see at work. As much as I could, and I love posting my own crap sometimes, it's a line I don't cross.

I just wanted to say I'm enjoying the thread

Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fopeano For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-26-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I saw my clone today in a place called Newmarket, a town about 150 mi. from my house. The weather was insane, deep blowing snow, roads were covered, city streets included. I saw the tail first, realized it was likely a 2017 and because of traffic and weather when I pulled alongside to toot the horn she was focused entirely on driving. She was cute, 30 ish and had a bobble on the dash. That's the 2nd wine red 2017 I've seen.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

(is there an existing topic where we can upload random pictures of our own car, other than the garage?).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Why not create a picture thread, I will look at them, for sure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Wally - The picture I posted in here a page or two back, my blue one beside the silver one. I went back to that local and it was there again. So when I went inside I asked if it was a worker's. And it was. Of the female type. She is young, probably 20 - 25 years. She and I talked Mirages for a while. I don't think it was a passionate purchase for her. I think it was a "this is all I can afford" purchase for her. But she had grown to like her Mirage.

I'll probably see her again. If given the chance, I'll ask her if she wants to join up in here and post!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_0125.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  96.4 KB

A month late, but we don't see many Mirage's in TX with aftermarket rims so I try to get a pic when someone has done anything to theirs besides putting gas in the tank.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-06-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  car selfie.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  66.9 KB

I parked next to this Mirage at the movie theatre earlier tonight. My girlfriend took the photo, it was my idea but her photo is better than mine.

Being Mirage drivers, maybe they were also seeing a movie on cheap ticket day Tuesday. A Man Called Otto was good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-08-2023),vintzend (02-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I saw a white Mirage parked at McDonald's today. It had a local Ford dealership sticker on the back. Ford & Chevy dealerships don't have much to offer customers wanting a car these days. I've noticed the local Ford dealership bringing in used KIA/Hyundai cars to sell to their local customers for quite some time now, but I have not seen Mirage before.

I didn't snap a pic. I was driving with 15.5 year old students at the time. I use the McDonald's parking lot to turn around or switch drivers sometimes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I heard Ford is about to be hurting. Something about backlash for the ridiculous "markup" on their trucks. It's likely just internet talk though. However, your mentioning the Ford dealership doing what they're doing ... maybe there's something to what I saw on a YT video.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I heard Ford is about to be hurting. Something about backlash for the ridiculous "markup" on their trucks. It's likely just internet talk though. However, your mentioning the Ford dealership doing what they're doing ... maybe there's something to what I saw on a YT video.
    I realize trucks & SUVs are a big profit for auto manufacturers, but I think Ford lost their original vision when dropping their entire car line up (except for the Mustang).

I believe Ford became a force in the auto industry, because Henry Ford started producing vehicles that the common man/family could afford. He sold 15,000,000 model T cars. Originally, you could buy it in any color you like as long as that color is black!

Catering to your customers that buy your higher priced vehicles & ignoring the rest of the market is just selfish. I respect the companies like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, KIA, others that still sell cars.

GM is guilty of this, too!

What do you think of when you heard the word "Buick"?

I think of old "grandpa" cars like the Century & LeSabre. Those older LeSabre cars with the 3.8 L engines were dependable, somewhat economical, safe cars to drive on the road. I would take that 3.8 L engine over most 6 cylinder engines made today.

Today's Buick doesn't even offer one single car in their line up. It's the Encore, Envision, & Enclave & that's it!