Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rust on one of the detached head rests? Possible water leak ??

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I looked under the boot, itschad, and I don't see any evidence of water damage. The cardboard cover over the spare seems intact, no evidence of water. Cardboard cover?!?

Pryme and Fummins, I'm pretty sure I'm banned from my local Mitsubishi dealer. I milked them good.

Nobu, it's cheap metal cladding and yea she's starting to bubble underneath.

In conclusion, I love my Mirage but it is a cheap car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-12-2020),itschad (03-13-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I looked under the boot, itschad, and I don't see any evidence of water damage. The cardboard cover over the spare seems intact, no evidence of water. Cardboard cover?!?

Pryme and Fummins, I'm pretty sure I'm banned from my local Mitsubishi dealer. I milked them good.

Nobu, it's cheap metal cladding and yea she's starting to bubble underneath.

In conclusion, I love my Mirage but it is a cheap car.
    Then I suggest dear sir that there is no water ingress but do check rear footwells too to make certain. I'm scared sh?tless now to remove mine I've removed my head restraint simply because I wear a hat and the restraint interferes with my hat and I ain't having that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-13-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That must be some hat!

I will check the rear footwells, and the carpet for any wetness. I left the one rear window open a crack accidentally for a few days last November, because they're rear roll down windows in my Mirage, and power front, so you forget about the back if it's open just a crack.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    I left the one rear window open a crack accidentally for a few days last November
    That'll do it. Can't blame Mitsubishi for that.

Should we update the thread title with the cause?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That'll do it. Can't blame Mitsubishi for that.

Should we update the thread title with the cause?
    No please don't change the title, any car should be rust-free inside with the windows open occasionally.

Otherwise why have windows that open and close?

This thread is pretty clear that the rust "could" have been my fault, but isn't necessarily. What title are you thinking? Clarity is king for me as well, so maybe we can figure it out. Honestly my car jack under the driver's side also has surface rust, so I feel people might want to know what chinzy measures by Mitsubishi lead to for their Mirages, as much as they're pretty good cars.
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-13-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No please don't change the title, any car should be rust-free inside with the windows open occasionally.

Otherwise why have windows that open and close?

This thread is pretty clear that the rust "could" have been my fault, but isn't necessarily. What title are you thinking? Clarity is king for me as well, so maybe we can figure it out. Honestly my car jack under the driver's side also has surface rust, so I feel people might want to know what chinzy measures by Mitsubishi lead to for their Mirages, as much as they're pretty good cars.
    Interesting. The phrase 'Possible water leak ??' made me think of a design failure, not an operator error.

My jack also has surface rust, but I attribute that to road salt tracked in by my footwear. Again, I can't blame Mitsubishi for that. Which brings up a question - does anyone outside of snowbelt / road salt areas have rust-free interior components?

It just struck me that you probably have more rust inside your Mirage than outside haha.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-13-2020 at 08:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. The phrase 'Possible water leak ??' made me think of a design failure, not an operator error.

My jack also has surface rust, but I attribute that to road salt tracked in by my footwear. Again, I can't blame Mitsubishi for that. Which brings up a question - does anyone outside of snowbelt / road salt areas have rust-free interior components?

It just struck me that you probably have more rust inside your Mirage than outside haha.
    Attachment 17365
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol. Again, I don't know where or how you get these pictures of me.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    That must be some hat!

I will check the rear footwells, and the carpet for any wetness. I left the one rear window open a crack accidentally for a few days last November, because they're rear roll down windows in my Mirage, and power front, so you forget about the back if it's open just a crack.
    Hat? I was going to say that I have a hat for every day of the year..........but I have more than one.
    Two short as my son has borrowed them, I wonder if i'll get 'em back.

Name:  IMG_20200314_134003.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  97.2 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-14-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think you should file a complaint and demand a new car.
    Yeah, for another rusty one,