Thread: wiring harness

Country
    United States
    Thanks

wiring harness

I own a 2015 mirage in Florida and for the second time in 2 months one of the harness has been chewed by a squirrel, has anyone else had any problems with this and what did you do to solve it?

I have had people tell me to put moth balls in the engine compartment but I see that the fumes from these can be dangerous to humans, other places suggest usinr fox urine pellets around the place you park. I'm open for suggestions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    I own a 2015 mirage in Florida and for the second time in 2 months one of the harness has been chewed by a squirrel, has anyone else had any problems with this and what did you do to solve it?

I have had people tell me to put moth balls in the engine compartment but I see that the fumes from these can be dangerous to humans, other places suggest usinr fox urine pellets around the place you park. I'm open for suggestions.
    I am not an expert on this topic, but I google things well.

"Squirrels will avoid the strong scent of a live peppermint plant or the concentrated smell of peppermint oil, which can be dropped onto cotton balls and placed throughout your garden. Mothballs can also be used to repel squirrels. While mothballs are deadly for moths, they are only a nuisance for squirrels."

"Hot Pepper Plants and Cayenne Pepper. Hot peppers are the most often used ingredients in natural squirrel repellent remedies, it seems. ... Make a cayenne pepper spray to spray on the leaves of tempting plants. To do this, mix a small bottle of your favorite hot sauce with a gallon on water."

"Coffee Grounds. While you might find the scent of coffee delicious, squirrels don't. A light layer of coffee grounds around hibiscus plants can keep them from being the pests' next meal. Just sprinkle some fresh grounds on the soil surrounding the plants to keep squirrels away."

https://www.tinyqualityhomes.org/get-rid-of-squirrels/

If you like variety, you can chose different smells for various areas you park your Mirage!

When I was a kid my parents traded places with my grandparents. Which meant we moved to the family farm, and my grandparent moved to our house in town. My grandfather did not like squirrels. He live trapped 54 squirrels in his garage that first year in town. I won't finish the rest of this story, because I don't want to offend anyone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Some corrosion inhibitors are designed to be sprayed on the wiring harness, that is to prevent corrosion..
    But it might offend your squirrels as well..
    Personally I prefer the taste of copper to oily corrosion inhibitors
    Not sure,, just a suggestion..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midgeinc View Post
    It could be worse POPS.

Thrice i've have to get the snake guys out. For some reason. Four meter King Cobras are sexually attracted to the Mirage engine bay.
    No way! That's wild.

Any pictures?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midgeinc View Post
    Four meter King Cobras are sexually attracted to the Mirage engine bay.
    Take some pictures of the Cobra's and troll the Mustang forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post

Haven't had to deal with squirrels, they can make a mess though. Irish spring soap seems to work well to keep mice away, might work for squirrel? Might not be as messy as fox piss lol
    Or maybe just leave out a cup of antifreeze for them. Hopefully stupid cats don't drink it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I say drop the coffee grounds (moist) in there and cover them with an entire bottle of cayanne pepper and a bottle of cinamon (another smell that rodents cannot endure).

That should dissuade them. Peppermint oil however is very strong and will bother the human occupants of the car.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)