Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Came back from lunch and found my parking spot taken. Got a lot of ribbing from my warehouse guys about it.

Attachment 14910
    Ribbing because why?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ribbing because why?
    The pink mirage is in my regular spot. "I see you painted your car" "pink looks good on you" You know, guys just being guys. I brought in a dozen pink frosted donuts for them today then told them they wouldn't want them being pink. That excuse lasted about two seconds before they were double fisting them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The pink mirage is in my regular spot. "I see you painted your car" "pink looks good on you" You know, guys just being guys. I brought in a dozen pink frosted donuts for them today then told them they wouldn't want them being pink. That excuse lasted about two seconds before they were double fisting them.
    Ahhh I see lol. I get alot of jokes too at my work. Then I mention I get 40 mpg CITY and they shut up. One coworker has a Prius and she's constantly worrying her battery is failing, I tried to convince her to give a used Mirage a look but she's too snobby for that apparently. Im like "Hey your always beating everyone upside the head about how your such an environmentalist, the Mirage has a lifetime smaller carbon footprint and no giant toxic battery to deal with." Blank stares is what I get because the Prius is a much more well known woke status symbol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahhh I see lol. I get alot of jokes too at my work. Then I mention I get 40 mpg CITY and they shut up. One coworker has a Prius and she's constantly worrying her battery is failing, I tried to convince her to give a used Mirage a look but she's too snobby for that apparently. Im like "Hey your always beating everyone upside the head about how your such an environmentalist, the Mirage has a lifetime smaller carbon footprint and no giant toxic battery to deal with." Blank stares is what I get because the Prius is a much more well known woke status symbol.
    Yeah it makes me laugh how many people put the mirage down without giving it a try. If you want cheap dependable transportation with cheap operating costs it’s the way to go. A certain lady friend of mine just bought a much maligned Honda minivan that ran her about 6k before taxes and crap. It’s almost 20 years old and 180k. Already needs work, just in and on. But hey it’s a Honda. Meanwhile her daughter digs my hatchback and loves that the back windows go down all the way. She would rather us go to dinner in it but alas I removed the rear seats.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Yeah it makes me laugh how many people put the mirage down without giving it a try. If you want cheap dependable transportation with cheap operating costs it’s the way to go. A certain lady friend of mine just bought a much maligned Honda minivan that ran her about 6k before taxes and crap. It’s almost 20 years old and 180k. Already needs work, just in and on. But hey it’s a Honda. Meanwhile her daughter digs my hatchback and loves that the back windows go down all the way. She would rather us go to dinner in it but alas I removed the rear seats.
    I can honestly say that I know very few people who would consider a Mirage or have any interest in one. We live in a country where 905,000 Ford F-150 pickup trucks were sold in 2018. Chevy & Dodge pickup trucks took 2nd & 3rd place in sales.

Thus, I hang out here with my adopted Mirage family! Others don't seem interested in a vehicle that is cheap to buy, maintain, & own. Sort of a sad reflection of where things are at in our corner of the world.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can honestly say that I know very few people who would consider a Mirage or have any interest in one. We live in a country where 905,000 Ford F-150 pickup trucks were sold in 2018. Chevy & Dodge pickup trucks took 2nd & 3rd place in sales.

Thus, I hang out here with my adopted Mirage family! Others don't seem interested in a vehicle that is cheap to buy, maintain, & own. Sort of a sad reflection of where things are at in our corner of the world.
    I bet a third of those 900k people that bought big trucks wont be able to afford them in 10 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bet a third of those 900k people that bought big trucks wont be able to afford them in 10 years.
    Why won't they be able to afford them in ten years?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Why won't they be able to afford them in ten years?
    Rising gas prices, young folks living beyond their means but still feel they need a $40k big truck, not realizing how fast they can get under water with a $600 a month car note. Im 38, but many of my friends are in their 20s, and Im astounded the level of debt they get themselves into. They teach calculus in high school but no classes on budgeting one's finances or how interest rates work, unbelievable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Rising gas prices, young folks living beyond their means but still feel they need a $40k big truck, not realizing how fast they can get under water with a $600 a month car note. Im 38, but many of my friends are in their 20s, and Im astounded the level of debt they get themselves into. They teach calculus in high school but no classes on budgeting one's finances or how interest rates work, unbelievable.
    Those darn schools & school teachers!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Some countries are pledging to ban gasoline and diesel in the next 10 years. While that'll reduce demand it also reduces the economy of scale of the oil industry. Oil Producing nations see this coming but currently still are pumping to support their oil biased economies. Once they can shift away to new sources of revenue locking down and minimizing oil exports isn't unthinkable. Then in 10 years we'll have different people in government who hopefully won't be ambivalent or openly hostile to the thought of the fact which is climate change.

What was gas right before the Great Recession like $4.20 a gallon? Consider inflation by 2030 that's around $6, add in a late 70s style OPEC export cut... $10+ per gallon won't be unreasonable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-05-2019)