Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    In the Netherlands there are 5 trim levels, Entry, Cool+, Active, Advance and Instyle.
    When Adam shared the UK only had two trim levels (Mirage 3 & Mirage 4), I was wondering what happened to the Mirage 1 & 2? Now I know. Apparently, the Netherlands got them!

I doubt we'll ever see the 1.0 Liter engine in the U.S.A. Americans embrace power over economy. Those of us that own Mirages here are probably the exception to that & not the norm by any means.

Checking out both of your Mitsubishi websites is interesting. I really wish your Mitsubishi L200 pickup would be brought to the United States. I wouldn't change much on the pickup either, except making sure the steering wheel is on the left side. Build a truck factory here and build them right here. I really think they would sell! I think the market is ripe for small affordable & economical pickups that can still do some towing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-02-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really wish your Mitsubishi L200 pickup would be brought to the United States. I wouldn't change much on the pickup either, except making sure the steering wheel is on the left side. Build a truck factory here and build them right here. I really think they would sell! I think the market is ripe for small affordable & economical pickups that can still do some towing.
    If Mitsubishi is all-SUV's in 5 years like Ford, then Mitsu would be smart importing their L200 pickup.

One paper the Mitsu trucks would sell well in US/Canada for sure with everyone's current huge appetite for trucks. Though you don't see many of that new Honda pickup with the short bed on the roads in Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    It seems like the UK went from 4 trim levels to 2 trim levels now. Both the Mirage 3 & the Mirage 4 are listed as manual transmission. Are leather seats & CVT options gone?

I would love to have your Mitsubishi L200 pickup offered in the United States. Standard, club, & king cab options and a manual 4X4 transmission. I am envious! We could really use a small affordable pickup in the U.S. Our small pickup have grown so much. They aren't all that different than the full size ones. That includes price, too!
    Mirage 4 is cvt only
    https://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/ne...ecification/4/

MIRAGE 3
    Petrol Manual

MIRAGE 4
    Petrol Manual

MIRAGE 4
    Petrol Auto

leather seats have gone i think

not to keen on the wheels on the MIRAGE 3
    Name:  cb2a2194dfba44c091b4144a7d6c309e.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  61.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    When Adam shared the UK only had two trim levels (Mirage 3 & Mirage 4), I was wondering what happened to the Mirage 1 & 2? Now I know. Apparently, the Netherlands got them!

I doubt we'll ever see the 1.0 Liter engine in the U.S.A. Americans embrace power over economy. Those of us that own Mirages here are probably the exception to that & not the norm by any means.

Checking out both of your Mitsubishi websites is interesting. I really wish your Mitsubishi L200 pickup would be brought to the United States. I wouldn't change much on the pickup either, except making sure the steering wheel is on the left side. Build a truck factory here and build them right here. I really think they would sell! I think the market is ripe for small affordable & economical pickups that can still do some towing.
    when the mirage first came here we did have 1 . 2 trim levels

trim levels past and present

3 --- present
    4 --- present
    Attivo
    Juro

we all so had 1.0 liter engines now gone

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    not to keen on the wheels on the MIRAGE 3
    Name:  cb2a2194dfba44c091b4144a7d6c309e.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  61.5 KB
    This is an example of what I mean. We have the ES, LE, SE, & GT trim levels. I believe the SE has the same 14" alloy wheels you aren't crazy about on the Mirage 3. Meanwhile, the lower LE trim level has cooler looking 15" black alloy wheels. You would think the higher trim level would give you the 15" wheels, but in this case it doesn't.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-06-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    If Mirage drivers are the exception, there is no reason to not introduce 1L engines, I think?
    This is an example of what I mean. We have the ES, LE, SE, & GT trim levels. I believe the ES has the same 14" alloy wheels you aren't crazy about on the Mirage 3. Meanwhile, the lower LE trim level has cooler looking 15" black alloy wheels. You would think the higher trim level would give you the 15" wheels, but in this case it doesn't.
    On paper 14" wheels are 4.5% more economic than 15" wheels. So if the highest trim forced you to 15" wheels it would make me sad. (And those black wheels are ugly. But maybe that's just me.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    If Mirage drivers are the exception, there is no reason to not introduce 1L engines, I think?

On paper 14" wheels are 4.5% more economic than 15" wheels. So if the highest trim forced you to 15" wheels it would make me sad. (And those black wheels are ugly. But maybe that's just me.)
    Highest trim level is the GT in the USA, & it comes with 15" two tone wheels.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The 2019 Mirage hatch is FINALLY up on Mitsubishi's US site. Sheesh...it's only freakin' December!

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirag...icle-hero-area

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-06-2018),MetroMPG (12-06-2018),Top_Fuel (12-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, the LE is slotted between Base (ES) and Mid (SE) trim.

Kinda like the RF package of the 2015s.

Perfect.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    Oh, the LE is slotted between Base (ES) and Mid (SE) trim.

Kinda like the RF package of the 2015s.

Perfect.
    The order is ES, LE, SE, & GT. ES has 14" steel wheels with hubcaps. LE comes with 15" black alloy wheels. SE has 14" alloy wheels. GT gets 15" two tone alloy wheels.