Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone wish they had bought Chevy Spark instead?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You dont want em too low though. Accidently sitting on them on a cold toliet seat is excruciating.
    Pfffft. cold seats. It's the cold water in the bowl that I detest....

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-09-2019)

Spark sales down in Q3 - Mirage leads U.S. segment

Not to derail this thread from gonadal gab, but...

Chevrolet Spark Sales Fall 6 Percent In Q3 2019

Chevrolet Spark sales increased in Canada while decreasing in the United States, Mexico and South Korea during the third quarter of 2019.
    [...]

Competitive Sales Comparison

U.S. Chevrolet Spark sales underperformed their segment during the third quarter, with the diminutive hatchback no longer being the best-selling model in its segment. That title now goes to the Mitsubishi Mirage, which managed to grow its sales by 35 percent for a 52-percent segment share, compared to a 42-percent segment share for the Spark and a mere 6 percent for the Fiat 500, which has been discontinued after the 2019 model year.

[...]

The mainstream city car segment expanded 8 percent to 15,768 units during Q3 2019.

Source GM Authority: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/...uater-q3-2019/

^ Click the link above for more info. Sales charts, numbers & analysis of the Mirage/Spark/500 mini-car segment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-08-2019),MacClyver (11-08-2019),Pryme (11-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Not to derail this thread from gonadal gab, but...
    Those are interesting numbers. Look at the Mirage really push ahead with sales growth.

I wonder how the subcompact car market pie is sliced up in Canada. Like compared to the USA, with us Canadians having the Canada-only Nissan Micra.

Hard to believe that the Fiat 500 left the subcompact market in the US with a whooping 6% share of the market? Ouch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think some people are confusing the spark and the aveo. The spark in the US was never affiliated with daewoo. Also the gen 1 and gen 2 cars really have nothing in common.

I've owned 2 mirage's and 3 sparks all cvts (don't ask). My general opinion is that the spark is a much higher quality feeling vehicle. Sitting in it, driving it. Heck even detailing it and observing the surface rust patterns, the spark wins out. But this is why the mirage wins out in MPG. Thinner "cheaper" materials for light weightness. Not a negative as this is how the car was designed.

With my mirage I got about 40mpg in town, lots of short trips and cold weather in my routine. The spark gets about 37mpg in the same driving. But the spark is much better out on the highway. The little bump in power is really noticeable.

Now I'm rambling. Both these cars are better than people give them credit for. It's clear the bias here towards the mirage (i mean come on its the mirage forum).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They say sales of subcompact cars are a reflection of the economy. 7 million Americans have decided they don't need to pay their car note anymore. They're probably so far underwater they'll never get out......Unless they trade their Canyonero towards a sub car. So now they only owe $35,000 in total on their used 2018 Mirage SE (at 9% APR) instead of owing $65,000 in total on the Canyonero (at 7% APR)

It doesn't matter. They're going to stop paying on their new note as well.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    I think some people are confusing the spark and the aveo. The spark in the US was never affiliated with daewoo. Also the gen 1 and gen 2 cars really have nothing in common.
    Not to be a know-it all, but I wikipedia'ed this. Actually the newer Sparks are Daweoo clones, and the Opel Karl is a clone of those cars too: see wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Karl

Also the Vauxhall Viva, the car gets around.

Thanks for the first hand take on the Spark, sounds like it's a pretty good roundabout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post

I've owned 2 mirage's and 3 sparks all cvts (don't ask). My general opinion is that the spark is a much higher quality feeling vehicle. Sitting in it, driving it. Heck even detailing it and observing the surface rust patterns, the spark wins out. But this is why the mirage wins out in MPG. Thinner "cheaper" materials for light weightness. Not a negative as this is how the car was designed.

With my mirage I got about 40mpg in town, lots of short trips and cold weather in my routine. The spark gets about 37mpg in the same driving. But the spark is much better out on the highway. The little bump in power is really noticeable.

Now I'm rambling. Both these cars are better than people give them credit for. It's clear the bias here towards the mirage (i mean come on its the mirage forum).
    I can't argue with you. The sparks I rented all had nicer cabin materials than the Mirage. But, IMO the Sparks were just as noisy, quite a bit thirstier, (about 6-7mpg more) not as ergonomic, and not as comfortable long trip as a Mirage. I know those are subjective things but I wanted to like the Spark. I even went to several Chev dealers to try test driving, but nobody had one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A little clicking around wikipedia and i cant say you're wrong. The lineage is a little convoluted. There seems to be no more daewoo matiz once the spark started in 2012.

I wont defend the gen 1 spark, they were pretty boring and seem to have had some issues. I believe my 2017 mirage was a superior vehicle to my 2014 spark. My comments really only concern the 2016+ spark.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Convoluted history for this car platform for sure. I like the looks of the Opel version of the Spark.

[QUOTE=Jibles;96 aewoo. Also the gen 1 and gen 2 cars really have nothing in common.

I've owne

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)