Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Egg :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    The Egg
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    White
    Automatic

Push to start, has ugly purple peel away paint from a previous owner that wont peel away.
    The EX gf named it "Fillmore Whitaker butts"
    I'm renaming it to "The Egg"

•  
    Comments: 14 / Views: 5675
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see other people post updates to their cars in the garages, such as maintenance logs and upgrades.

I am a bit of a fiend for a good spreadsheet, so here is a link to everything I have going on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Yes, the oil change log is very short (as in, nothing lol) But that's because the sheet is a month old and my old paper log was destroyed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nifty_Biscuit For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (10-07-2022),Fummins (10-05-2022)

I keep track of all my junk on the fuelly app. I opted for the paid version and upload pics of receipts and odometer readings etc... Really only keep receipts for the wife's turdpail Kia that still has a warranty.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ill have to look into that for my gf, she is not as excited about carefully crafted spreadsheets as I am. No clue why...

Yeah, I tried getting my ol' lady to log onto fuelly when she fills up. She "forgets" but she probably doesn't want me to see that she gets similar economy in her 20' v6 Sorento that I can get in my old stinky old 05 dodge diesel dually.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I appreciate your spreadsheet. The info and parts list is nice

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jbarr For This Useful Post:

Nifty_Biscuit (10-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, I tried getting my ol' lady to log onto fuelly when she fills up. She "forgets" but she probably doesn't want me to see that she gets similar economy in her 20' v6 Sorento that I can get in my old stinky old 05 dodge diesel dually.
    Turdpail. Chuckle chuckle. We're on the same wavelength there. Why was I thinking you were in a Furd truck? I know you sold your real good Dodge, seems like you had a 2001 or something, but thought you went to a Furd. But yeah, you're right. 7,000 pound Dodge Rams with diesels do about the same as most SUVs out there. Better in a lot of cases.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Turdpail. Chuckle chuckle. We're on the same wavelength there. Why was I thinking you were in a Furd truck? I know you sold your real good Dodge, seems like you had a 2001 or something, but thought you went to a Furd. But yeah, you're right. 7,000 pound Dodge Rams with diesels do about the same as most SUVs out there. Better in a lot of cases.
    I had an 02' just like yours but had the junkomatic. I replaced the transmission twice, the second time I told the builder that I beat the crap out of it so it got a billet torque and whatever else he did. I got about 70k miles before it started to act up and I sold it to a buddy who had wanted it for years.

I had the 99F350 fummins with a 12valve cummins from a ford school bus, the same 6 speed nv5600 as you, and a hybrid dodge/ford t-case, 8" suspension lift, 38" tires etc... It was chunky, weighed 8000lb. I liked it but it was too loud and smoked like a train trying to pull into traffic.
    I sold it....barely got 10k for it I did a carfax when I sold it and it was from texas, then florida, then had a mileage discrepency, repo auction, and came up here not long before I got it. Had zero rust, just dents.

My new parol officer hated it cause it didn't have steps and was a struggle getting in so I bought an 05 Dodge dually 6spd with 125k miles that was mostly stock, it had a yukon freewheel hub conversion(for better mpg), some big loud exhaust(not a fan) and a webasto coolant heater(worked great if you need to start it in -40 and don't have a plug in). I bought a smarty JR and have run it at the 100hp level from day one.
    Somewhere in there was a 97' 5speed dodge diesel too. I used it after my first replacement transmission crapped within a week. Was gonna part it out and swap the 5speed into the 02 but it drove too nice to scrap out.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-14-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    • 8" suspension lift,
    • 38" tires etc...
    • It was chunky,
    • weighed 8000lb.
    • it was too loud and
    • smoked like a train trying to pull into traffic.
    • it was from texas,
    • then florida,
    • Had zero rust, just dents.
    • My new parol officer hated it
    This list is all very positive aspects of that truck.

it had a yukon freewheel hub conversion (for better mpg),
    some big loud exhaust (not a fan) and a webasto coolant heater (worked great if you need to start it in -40 and don't have a plug in).
    I'm going to have to look up a yukon freewheel hub conversion, I could always use some mo' bettuh mpg in the big ole Ram.

Mine has a 5" straight exhaust from the downpipe back. Nothing but pipe. It's not as loud as you might imagine, but yes, it is loud. A few days ago, I got in my truck parked in a parking lot. A couple of snooty-poodle ladies were schmutzing around with their SUV right at my tailpipe. I used restraint and set there and waited for them to quit poodling around and leave. When they did, I didn't let them get too far, I wanted them to know that a) I had waited on them, and b) what I could have exposed them to were I not such a nice Shrek. One of the snooty-poodles had her back to my tailpipe but acting like she might be changing her mind to go back to her SUV for more schmutzing. So I hit the starter so as to maybe influence her to keep on track and not change her mind. She was 15 feet from the tailpipe and still jumped and kind of ran for a couple steps. Then looked back at me like I was satan. I'm real nice, I waited for their snoots a while to get clear. I could have made them jump on the roof of their snoot-mobile. Women ... they never see the good things I do.

I've got a cute little clip of my truck (not of the snoots incident) I'd like to add on this forum. Do I have to put it out on youtube first?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    This list is all very positive aspects of that truck.

I'm going to have to look up a yukon freewheel hub conversion, I could always use some mo' bettuh mpg in the big ole Ram.

Mine has a 5" straight exhaust from the downpipe back. Nothing but pipe. It's not as loud as you might imagine, but yes, it is loud. A few days ago, I got in my truck parked in a parking lot. A couple of snooty-poodle ladies were schmutzing around with their SUV right at my tailpipe. I used restraint and set there and waited for them to quit poodling around and leave. When they did, I didn't let them get too far, I wanted them to know that a) I had waited on them, and b) what I could have exposed them to were I not such a nice Shrek. One of the snooty-poodles had her back to my tailpipe but acting like she might be changing her mind to go back to her SUV for more schmutzing. So I hit the starter so as to maybe influence her to keep on track and not change her mind. She was 15 feet from the tailpipe and still jumped and kind of ran for a couple steps. Then looked back at me like I was satan. I'm real nice, I waited for their snoots a while to get clear. I could have made them jump on the roof of their snoot-mobile. Women ... they never see the good things I do.

I've got a cute little clip of my truck (not of the snoots incident) I'd like to add on this forum. Do I have to put it out on youtube first?
    My 02' was LOUD. That engine just rattled! I miss it lol

I straight piped it too but eventually stole the turbo back mrbp exhaust off my 97' and put it on the 02'. I couldn't stand the drone when towing at 70mph.

Last edited by Fummins; 10-17-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    Mirage videos: