Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CVT interchangeable from different years?

Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    My cvt has kicked the can. 158kmi. Anyone know if the 2020 cvt are interchangeable. They all seem to be the same but who knows? Seen you'll mentioned 2017 is good but what about a 2020. Thanks fellas
    Yeah, 2014-2021 will fit. I fit a 2017 into my early 2014(which has a different part number) and it worked fine. I just checked one of the mitsu parts sites and it shows late 2014-2021 fitment. https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...bC1sMy1nYXM%3D

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, 2014-2021 will fit. I fit a 2017 into my early 2014(which has a different part number) and it worked fine. I just checked one of the mitsu parts sites and it shows late 2014-2021 fitment. https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...bC1sMy1nYXM%3D
    Hell yeah..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My cvt has kicked the can. 158kmi. Anyone know if the 2020 cvt are interchangeable. They all seem to be the same but who knows? Seen you'll mentioned 2017 is good but what about a 2020. Thanks fellas
    Only 158k miles? I'm sorry man, that Houston heat and traffic must of been tough on your cvt, as I'd expect at least 175k to 200k miles out of mine. Did you do any cvt servicing in all those miles? It's a 2020? It should interchange according to Fummins, he's done it before with his fleet. How'd you get so many miles in 2 years?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is a 2015 found good price on 2020 cvt. Yep I serviced mine myself changing outside filter and main filter. I noticed here maybe year ago I started getting vibrations drivers side tire. I knew my suspension was fine zero issue with vibration or pulling in another direction at steering wheel.

Now I can feel vibration in bottom area of floor board really good. Here 2 months ago traction off light, abs another traction light on. Dropped pan changed both filters fresh oil. Boom! It all went away and...now it's back. Limp mode at times In and out. Good thing is my job is only 10 miles away vs. my old commute 70 miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Mine is a 2015 found good price on 2020 cvt. Yep I serviced mine myself changing outside filter and main filter. I noticed here maybe year ago I started getting vibrations drivers side tire. I knew my suspension was fine zero issue with vibration or pulling in another direction at steering wheel.

Now I can feel vibration in bottom area of floor board really good. Here 2 months ago traction off light, abs another traction light on. Dropped pan changed both filters fresh oil. Boom! It all went away and...now it's back. Limp mode at times In and out. Good thing is my job is only 10 miles away vs. my old commute 70 miles.
    It got fresh OEM fluid every 30k miles since 2015? I'm just trying to catalog different owner's experiences. I'm often fighting online about the Mirage's reliability, as many seem to think it won't last 200k miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It got fresh OEM fluid every 30k miles since 2015? I'm just trying to catalog different owner's experiences. I'm often fighting online about the Mirage's reliability, as many seem to think it won't last 200k miles.
    Yeah I changed mine 40k - 50k mi. 1st change i wasn't aware of side filter. I have changed it 3 times. 4th time because of issues. 158kmi and done for lol. Once I get this new one in, definitely 25 -30k change for sure! It doesn't see much highway anymore maybe couple miles, few stop lights.

When does it vibrate? Sure it’s not just a bad cv axle, they can vibrate under load when the inner joint wears out. Abs/brake lights can be anything. Not usually a cvt problem. Don’t know unless you checked for codes.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When does it vibrate? Sure it’s not just a bad cv axle, they can vibrate under load when the inner joint wears out. Abs/brake lights can be anything. Not usually a cvt problem. Don’t know unless you checked for codes.
    Maybe, Could be cv axel Also. After work it acted funky yesterday didn't get around to checking code. This morning before work checked and no codes. Today I actually have my scan tool in car. See what I get this evening after work.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should've honestly checked codes before. As you mentioned. Unfortunately my scanner never picked up. I intended to stop by store and see if orileys scan tool could pickup never did. After it was running into limp mode, shifts had been funky and vibration from left tire I "assumed ". CVT but! Big Butt! Changed CVT abs light and traction lights still came back.

Then I decided to pull codes and it was 4 codes p103, and 3 other codes have them written down at home. So Exactly what you have discussed in another thread. Brake lights! 2 brake lights were out, 3rd top worked. Changed light bulbs and checked my negative battery post. Seemed good but I put a cooper sleeve on for better connection. Still had slight vibration. So Changed wheel hub bearing.

Unbelievable a light bulb caused the codes.

I'm sure my cvt was going to grenade soon. Did I need to replace it maybe not. But it shifts like brand new vibrations are gone!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-17-2022),inuvik (11-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Happened to run across this listing for a external cooler & filter that replaces the nearly useless OEM stack cooler in the Mirage. If you used this kit you would have 3 filters total (2 internal & 1 external) and a much better transmission cooling system.

https://maktrans.net/zaptchasti-akpp...ion/FK-JF015EH

I'm not vouching for the legitimacy of this website but at least it provides a solution to the CVT7's weak point (CVT's really don't do well with high temps and dirty fluid). Anyways, just passing it along.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)