Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My brand new touchscreen isn't powering on?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I enjoy fingering things out. But Dirk, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. I of course hope it does not.
    Not a big deal if I just have to push to fuses back in place every blue moon. I don't expect anymore cold snaps. It's about to turn into the Vietnam jungle soon with the Atlanta heat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The yellow fuse holder was fit in there just fine, it was the fuses that was popped a third the way out. I was told if you get weird hot/cold weather it happens all the time. Thermal expansion? I dunno, you know more about it than I do.
    LOL BRUHHH cmon man... push the fuses!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Not a big deal if I just have to push to fuses back in place every blue moon.
    What I mean is, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is NOT the fuses...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well if I need a new Alpine head unit, I figure turning me down twice at the dealer would be hard at this point, after established issues in their underwriting with Mitsu Corp.

I said on here ours came with a Pioneer but it turns out it's an Alpine, not as quality IMO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I can't remember a single factory radio issue (related to power being on) brought up on the forum that wasn't fuse related?

If the radio loses power for good, it's most like a blown fuse. That will never correct itself. The on/off issue caused by a loose fuse has been a common theme on the forum.

Sounds like Chrysler doesn't know how to install fuses correctly either (all quotes below) -

"Jan 22, 2021 — It's not just Ram trucks that come with loose fuses. Over 50% of the fuses in my 2021 Jeep Wrangler were not fully seated."

"If you guys own a Ram 1500 or TRX. Please check your truck for loose fuses and bolts. A lot of people have been discovering these issues over the last few weeks!"

"My 2019 Ram 3500 had loose fuses, doesn't appear to be TRX specific, at least the fuse issue."

"Aug 18, 2020 — Improperly seated fuses are common on Ram trucks, as well. ... It felt to me when I pushed the "loose" ones down, they actually snapped in."

"Every fuse in my fuse box was inserted to the point of making contact but none were fully seated. In talking to my salesman this is a common problem with Jeep/Ram. The only reason I discovered this was because I needed to do a reset on the radio to get CarPlay to reconnect.

They probably would have stayed connected for a long time as they were. Or they could come loose with heavy rough road use. Either way, smart money is on taking 2 minutes to push them in. I wonder how many electrical gremlins/warranty calls have been because of this? Not something I would go looking for myself."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can't remember a single factory radio issue (related to power being on) brought up on the forum that wasn't fuse related?

If the radio loses power for good, it's most like a blown fuse. That will never correct itself. The on/off issue caused by a loose fuse has been a common theme on the forum.

Sounds like Chrysler doesn't know how to install fuses correctly either (all quotes below) -

"Jan 22, 2021 — It's not just Ram trucks that come with loose fuses. Over 50% of the fuses in my 2021 Jeep Wrangler were not fully seated."

"If you guys own a Ram 1500 or TRX. Please check your truck for loose fuses and bolts. A lot of people have been discovering these issues over the last few weeks!"

"My 2019 Ram 3500 had loose fuses, doesn't appear to be TRX specific, at least the fuse issue."

"Aug 18, 2020 — Improperly seated fuses are common on Ram trucks, as well. ... It felt to me when I pushed the "loose" ones down, they actually snapped in."

"Every fuse in my fuse box was inserted to the point of making contact but none were fully seated. In talking to my salesman this is a common problem with Jeep/Ram. The only reason I discovered this was because I needed to do a reset on the radio to get CarPlay to reconnect.

They probably would have stayed connected for a long time as they were. Or they could come loose with heavy rough road use. Either way, smart money is on taking 2 minutes to push them in. I wonder how many electrical gremlins/warranty calls have been because of this? Not something I would go looking for myself."
    I guess with Mitsubishi's rich history in electronics, I expected more lol. Fool me twice shame on me.

I guess with Mitsubishi's rich history in electronics, I expected more lol. Fool me twice shame on me.
    Blame the guy who did the pdi? Or dissimilar metal corrosion? I'm gonna blame Germany's use of brown coal.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark - You're probably correct. I hope you are. I don't know the rich history. But yeah, that's a PDI issue, not a design or Mitsu OEM issue.

However, I'm gonna go ahead and give the PDI monkeys the benefit of the doubt on this. Perhaps the push force needed on those fuses is higher than what they expect. And, instead of being King Kong and pounding on them, perhaps they're are being cautious trying not to do damage, and wind up not full seating those fuses. I'll givem that much leeway. But that's all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I have seen my multimedia system rebooting, during a ride, on several occasions.

The car is only 3 weeks old...

Mitsubishi's multimedia systems seem to be one of their weaker links. Of course, it could be my (old by now, 2018) phone and/or Android Auto should be blamed instead...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dang, my phone is from about 2010...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

vintzend (08-13-2022)