Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles did your Enasave (OEM) tires last?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Is cupping caused by bad balance? I thought cupping indicated alignment problems?

Edit: This says it is usually caused by worn suspension parts.

http://www.procarcare.com/includes/c...dtirewear.html

Last edited by Eggman; 05-24-2016 at 09:03 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine are still going strong at 57,000 km and they are evenly worn within 1mm of each other. I rotate them every 16,000 km.
    I run them summer and winter about 100 km a day, mostly just me in the car.
    P.S. I've never had alignment checked and I run 34 psi all around.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 05-21-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (05-21-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Mine are still going strong at 57,000 km and they are evenly worn within 1mm of each other. I rotate them every 16,000 km.
    I run them summer and winter about 100 km a day, mostly just me in the car.
    P.S. I've never had alignment checked and I run 34 psi all around.
    I live in Florida where the streets get very hot. For every ten degrees F the PSI goes up one. I was running my 185/55 15's at 42PSI when the weather was 70 F out. But, now that its 90+ F and even hotter on the roads, I dropped my tire PSI down to 38. They are a little soft, but once I hit the roads in the day they tighten up from the increase in temp. You can tell if the PSI is too high when they are too touchy at higher speeds and seem to have some bounce to them.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have 24,675 on the two that survived potholes. Rotated every 6-7,000 miles. Almost bald.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    45,000 miles, and they are ready to be replaced. Left rear had gone out of balance (dealer says) and has a couple bald spots ("cupped", he called it). Otherwise, pretty evenly worn.

38 psi in winter, 43 in summer. Mostly highway miles, 70-75 mph. One person in the car.
    Glad you have an extra set!!!! Hope you are doing well, Kevin

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey, great to hear from you, Kevin.

I used one of your tires to replace a slow leaker on my mirage. Still holding up great.

This set is for my wife's car, so I only really need one more tire, thanks to you.

Hope you guys are doing well, have a garage planned for this summer so you guys can get that bus you've been wanting.

Take good care.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    Hey, great to hear from you, Kevin.

I used one of your tires to replace a slow leaker on my mirage. Still holding up great.

This set is for my wife's car, so I only really need one more tire, thanks to you.

Hope you guys are doing well, have a garage planned for this summer so you guys can get that bus you've been wanting.

Take good care.
    haha, garage again is not in the budget, bus is still on hold, but will come and will be awesome!!!
    Just picked up a 2016 Outlander Sport 2.0 5MT. Got it in IL, the drive back we managed 33.5 mpg for the trip. I was surprised at how solid it is and how large it is since I am used to the Mirage. We traded in the wife's 2009 Kia Sportage, and this seams quite a bit larger than that, and much more solid. With the Sportage we could get low 20's mpg if we were lucky. After driving the mirage for 2 years, I can not handle a vehicle that gets poor mpg. The mirage has been so awesome, had to get another mitsu...Hope we end up loving it just as much. Take care Billy. Kevin

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't really care for the factory tires, they're noisy. Sooner they're done the better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to man114 For This Useful Post:

HitShane (05-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haha when I bought the new wheels/tires, I put a stock wheel/tire in the back under the carpet as a full size spare lol. If I ever need to, I have a new, full set of shoes for the ride lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We are right at 30k miles - they look about halfway worn and are fine in normal driving but are scary when it is raining. Pulling out into traffic with any kind of verve results in wheelspin and angry traction control intervention and it will slide around turns and set off the ABS.

I am very underwhelmed with this 165/65-14 size and lack of decent replacement options; considering upsizing to the 175/65-14 Michelin Defender even though it is kind of expensive.