Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where/How to Download Stereo Software Updates (2018 GT Stereo)?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Where/How to Download Stereo Software Updates (2018 GT Stereo)?

I am having a very hard time finding where to download software updates for the Mirage's stereo. I think part of the problem is Mitsubishi has used many different stereo models around the world in the Mirage. I have a 2018 GT with this guy. The 6.5" Carplay/Android Auto but without navigation.

Name:  swversion.jpg
Views: 5751
Size:  51.2 KB

I've been having problems where the Carplay randomly disconnects/reconnects, and before I take half the day off to go to the dealer, I figured I would try a software update. It has a user-accessible update feature (the "update" tab in the above picture), and the manual for the stereo even says this:

Name:  manualsoftwareupdate.PNG
Views: 5679
Size:  58.9 KB

But for the life of me I cannot figure out where to download updates. Mitsubishi's website is very disorganized and googling that MGN(R12.7-NA) model name returns nothing interesting. The closest I've found so far is this website: https://mitsubishi.navshop.com/downloads/ But it appears to be 1. only for european models and 2. for models with nav, which mine doesn't have. I find it very frustrating that the manual tells you to update the software regularly, but then doesn't tell you where to find the updates! Has anyone done this before?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It would be nice if we could use navigation with this unit like they do in Japan. I'm halfway curious if the microSD card slot is still present under the faceplate but without the access door to get to it like the Euro models.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Unfortunately no. The first thread is close as it's for the same stereo but the 2017 version, which was apparently R8.8-NA, and thus older than what I currently have. The second thread is for a different model of stereo entirely.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts

TINS & TSBs

Hello lazerchicken and welcome to the forum.

Maybe these will help:

TIN: SDA (Smart Display Audio) Software Update

TIN: 2017 DAS (Display Audio System) Software Update

TSB: Display Audio Failure In Cold Temperatures

Software updates can be hard to come by. If there's a TSB or TIN I would expect the update to be covered by your dealer. A TSB or TIN might point to where to find the firmware package.

You might want to check that Russian website mmc-manuals.ru. No guarantees there that's for sure.

Also there's lots of causes for intermittent operation. Are you wired through the USB port or using Bluetooth?

Edit: sorry looks like much of this has been covered.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-26-2020 at 04:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've stated this below in other threads and almost every one of them fixed the disconnect issue. How long is the cable your using? If it's longer than 3', buy a shorter one. Then see if you're still having the problem.

I have a 17 with same radio and had the same issue. I also took the TSB in and had them update it to mew firmware.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I've stated this below in other threads and almost every one of them fixed the disconnect issue. How long is the cable your using? If it's longer than 3', buy a shorter one. Then see if you're still having the problem.

I have a 17 with same radio and had the same issue. I also took the TSB in and had them update it to mew firmware.
    I've tried like 5 different cables ranging in length from 1' to 6'. It does it with all of them although some seem worse than others. Guess I'll just have to take it to the dealer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerchicken View Post
    I've tried like 5 different cables ranging in length from 1' to 6'. It does it with all of them although some seem worse than others. Guess I'll just have to take it to the dealer.
    Good idea! Sometimes deleting the App restarting the phone and downloading might help. Keep us updated.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My unit after updating.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Alex1a1f, your Bluetooth version is the same as lazerchicken. Do you think that will make the difference?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)