Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage Reliability: A story

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The key is when we'll have CVT owners on here posting stories about their cars going over 175k miles with no transmission problems. I love my 5speed brothers on here for their wisdom and guidance, but I have to admit, I feel a little crestfallen when 90% of the post on here in regards to reliability come from manual owners. With the exception of Inviks & Fummins, there's just not that much written about CVT owners experiences. Now maybe thats a good thing being as no news is good news, but dammit there has to be somebody out there who drives for Uber like I do, with a CVT Mirage with over 175k miles on there ride! I guess Ill just have to wait a few more years.
    A buddy of mine bought a brand new '17 Mirage ES hatch with a CVT...on my recommendation. He has well over 100,000 short-trip, stop-and-go, in-town delivery miles on it now, and no trouble at all with the CVT.

The car gets a lot of use, but Tim is really sticky about maintenance. Be like Tim.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-07-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Great insights, as always. I figure full synthetic oil changes every 7500 miles, fresh CVT OEM fluid every 30k, paper CVT aux filter every 60k. Tires will be cheap 175 65 r14 every 2 years. More provocative decals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great insights, as always. I figure full synthetic oil changes every 7500 miles, fresh CVT OEM fluid every 30k, paper CVT aux filter every 60k.
    Thanks for this! This is my second brand new car. The first one, (2013 FIAT 500 Abarth) I did NOT take care of (bless that car, it survived me anyhow, it did NOT survive a rear ending from a Wrangler). So I've learned my lessons and I want to take full care of my G4, (Natasha, as in the spy from Rocky & Bullwinkle) and make it last as long as possible, for as cheap as possible. Having this intervals (as well as the recommend stuff in the little book??) will help me keep Natasha run smoothly for years to come!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    Thanks for this! This is my second brand new car. The first one, (2013 FIAT 500 Abarth) I did NOT take care of (bless that car, it survived me anyhow, it did NOT survive a rear ending from a Wrangler). So I've learned my lessons and I want to take full care of my G4, (Natasha, as in the spy from Rocky & Bullwinkle) and make it last as long as possible, for as cheap as possible. Having this intervals (as well as the recommend stuff in the little book??) will help me keep Natasha run smoothly for years to come!
    Dont forget the provacative decals. Maybe Natasha on a stripper pole doing a double dutch windmill.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dont forget the provacative decals. Maybe Natasha on a stripper pole doing a double dutch windmill.
    She's a lady. I'd have to probably pixalate. Family car and all. Hahahah. :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for the update, Don!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Other than routine maintenance, Mitsuko has never been in the shop for anything. I get so annoyed when I see "auto experts" say this is one of worst cars you can buy.
    What pisses me off were the reviews that included a less-than-average "predicted reliability" score for the Mirage.

Wrong.

Thread: CarMD reliability & repair cost report: Mitsubishi & Mirage do well

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)