Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: brake caliper - need some suggestions

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    so replace the caliper?
    Repairing will be cheaper. If you can do it go for it. If you want to save time buy the whole thing.

Rockauto list's a repair kit for dirt cheap. The boot and a seal..https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...9833&jsn=10377 Beware though, I found this warning: " Attention California Customers - WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov"

A reman caliper is pretty cheap too, under $40 after you return your core. Shop around, do whatever floats your boat. Myself I'd get a used or reman caliper, whichever is easier and faster to get. I don't have patience for rebuilding mc effery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    what are the chances that caliper cannot be repaired?...i got no experience repairing one but i can try to mess with it after i got it replaced with a new one for educational purposes .

Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    I'm offended your offended
    Time for me to start reading books https://www.amazon.ca/Unoffendable-J.../dp/0529123851

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    ...The slides had no grease in them at all.
    That might be a Mitsubishi "feature." I disassembled my calipers when my Mirage was new (I was painting the calipers). The slides were almost completely dry.

I checked a few websites of popular parts stores around here (Napa, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, Oreilly's) and nobody has Mirage calipers in stock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That might be a Mitsubishi "feature." I disassembled my calipers when my Mirage was new (I was painting the calipers). The slides were almost completely dry.

I checked a few websites of popular parts stores around here (Napa, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, Oreilly's) and nobody has Mirage calipers in stock.
    Yeah I took a look after reading this thread just to see if whats around here but its limited parts for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

I already gave up calling and ordered parts from rockauto...all place i called only accepts orders online and I dont want to drive 50+ miles just for a small part...i just asked the mechanic to put the old rotors back and put the old brake pads from the driver side since it still have some pads left...

what are the chances that caliper cannot be repaired?...i got no experience repairing one but i can try to mess with it after i got it replaced with a new one for educational purposes .
    Anything is possible. I just don't like doing things twice. But seem to once in a while.

I already gave up calling and ordered parts from rockauto...all place i called only accepts orders online and I dont want to drive 50+ miles just for a small part...i just asked the mechanic to put the old rotors back and put the old brake pads from the driver side since it still have some pads left...
    The only other option would be to have your mechanic source out a used one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The only other option would be to have your mechanic source out a used one.
    We did that too but nobody got one in stock...we also tried a local pick your part but we couldn't find anything...