Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Designs seat covers for 2021?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Dash Designs seat covers for 2021?

Just got my 2021 and want the Dash Designs seat covers, they say they haven't tested them on a 2021 yet.
    Are the seats the same in a 2021 as the 2020?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by applezz13 View Post
    Just got my 2021 and want the Dash Designs seat covers, they say they haven't tested them on a 2021 yet.
    Are the seats the same in a 2021 as the 2020?
    As far as I know seat dimensions have stayed the same since 2014. Only the fabrics have changed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, with that info and after looking at quite a few online pics I have ordered the covers. To hedge I did use a credit card with return protection just in case. I'll post pics once they are installed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Thanks, with that info and after looking at quite a few online pics I have ordered the covers. To hedge I did use a credit card with return protection just in case. I'll post pics once they are installed.
    There’s also a market for them here if retuning is not an option.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    I suspect they will fit just fine. Outside of the front & rear bumpers, I really don't think much else was changed on the car. Even though it's considered an update, Mitsubishi didn't even change the wheel covers of the ES in 2021.

I found watching this short clip helpful before installing my Dash Design seat covers. My neoprene seat covers still look good after 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQaupRzLAY

Dash Design seat covers and WeatherTech floor mats are bit expensive, but I've been very happy with both!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I suspect they will fit just fine. Outside of the front & rear bumpers, I really don't think much else was changed on the car. Even though it's considered an update, Mitsubishi didn't even change the wheel covers of the ES in 2021.

I found watching this short clip helpful before installing my Dash Design seat covers. My neoprene seat covers still look good after 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQaupRzLAY

Dash Design seat covers and WeatherTech floor mats are bit expensive, but I've been very happy with both!
    Thanks for the link, is there one for the rear seats? I assume I will just have to pop the bottom out, cover it, and then cover the backs while the bottom is out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link, is there one for the rear seats? I assume I will just have to pop the bottom out, cover it, and then cover the backs while the bottom is out.
    Maybe someone else can answer that. I only bought the front seat covers. I've had one rear passenger in almost 4 years. My rear seats are folded down most of the time.

I would guess that you use the same tool to do the rear seat bottom.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm just posting the Rockauto links for the Dash Designs seat covers here. I don't know if was just me, but I had trouble finding them initially. The links are wildcarded searches showing all available fabrics and pricing.

Front: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...c9d8Pz0z4Kv6oE

Rear: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...Ee6OZizixA9kyQ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to applezz13 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm just posting the Rockauto links for the Dash Designs seat covers here. I don't know if was just me, but I had trouble finding them initially. The links are wildcarded searches showing all available fabrics and pricing.

Front: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...c9d8Pz0z4Kv6oE

Rear: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...Ee6OZizixA9kyQ
    I bought the Genuine Neoprene (black/gray two tone) front seat covers. They are currently priced $161.79 @ rockauto.com, & the exact same ones are $229.95 on Dash Design website.

There are other styles/fabrics that start out @ $122.79 @ rockauto.com (exact same front covers are $160.95 @ Dash Design website).

I haven't compared shipping costs between the two places, but my rockauto.com front seat cover order came directly from the Dash Design factory.

I have never purchased custom seat covers before. They are expensive. I do like that they are custom made for our Mirage & its side impact air bags. There are three pieces for each front seat (bottom, back, & headrest), & they do fit well.

I have had cheaper one-piece seat covers in the past, & they can do their job well, too. They may not last as long, but it's not a big deal to replace a cheaper seat cover either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We went with the neoprene black/red. She has ordered several other red trim items to keep up with the black/red theme.