Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Seriously? With gas prices pushing, what, $7/gallon in some markets, morons would rather flush $150/week on fuel instead of $50?
    Yes and yes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Seriously? With gas prices pushing, what, $7/gallon in some markets, morons would rather flush $150/week on fuel instead of $50?
    Dealers can't sell something they don't have.

Bergstrom Automotive is the largest car dealership (36 different brands) in Wisconsin. They have not listed a new 2022 Mirage this year. They now have two new G4 cars in stock. Bergstom Mitsubishi (Green Bay) has one used 2020 Mirage LE for over $17,000, & that's it.

White Bear has 14 new G4 in stock. WB would typically have 60+ Mirages in stock this time of year. They have very little Mirage inventory this year (currently 0), & I don't think it's related to them selling a ton of them. They just don't have access to them.

Now that most of the small hatchback competition has faded away, it seems ironic that the Mirage isn't more available.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vintzend (05-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dealers can't sell something they don't have.
    Around here it doesn't matter what brand it is. Every dealer pretty much has low stock on everything. My local Mitsubishi dealer has a whopping 12 new cars in stock (no Mirages or G4s). The local Chevy dealer (5 times the size of the Mitsu dealership) has about the same number of new vehicles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

vintzend (05-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Yes. Hence the descriptive: Morons. But not only that, they still drive like they're at a drag strip here in and around Thunderdome. I drove my dad's truck yesterday through the Thunderdome and back. Trying my best to knock down decent mpg (trying to hit 20 mpg for the tank). And was getting blown off the road by youths driving hoopties, and soccer moms in their Caterpillar 797s.

If I were limited to just 1 vehicle, it would be a truck of some sort. And probably at 15 to 20 mpg (like the 2 trucks I have). But along with the guzzle guzzle guzzle, would be no truck payment and only liability insurance. No payment buys a lot of gas.

And fo' real, if a Mirage truck were built that was seriously a Mirage except only changing the rear suspension to handle more weight and changing the body in the rear to be a truck, I'd have one ... 3 cylinders and all, as long as it could be procured with 3 pedals. It would be my only vehicle if I were stuck with just one vehicle. The only thing I couldn't do is pull a heavy trailer or camper. But that's not something I'm doing at this point in my life. And not for the foreseeable future. There's nothing I couldn't accomplish with a wee little truck and a utility trailer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yes and yes.
    Looks like $7/gallon may soon pass. '76 brand gas is reportedly reprogramming their pumps in Washington state to prepare for $10 a gallon gas. Any forum members out there care to investigate?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...llon-fuel.html
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 05-19-2022 at 01:19 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Around here it doesn't matter what brand it is. Every dealer pretty much has low stock on everything. My local Mitsubishi dealer has a whopping 12 new cars in stock (no Mirages or G4s). The local Chevy dealer (5 times the size of the Mitsu dealership) has about the same number of new vehicles.
    I have a Space Star on order since December. The communicated shipping time was June/July. From what I understand, they don't even know a production date yet, so I won't hold my breath.

I wonder how long it will take before Mitsubishi eventually will be like, "Sorry, bro, we have canceled your order".

UPDATE: I don't blame Mitsubishi at all for the delays. The world was a different place in December, and even back then it was likely impossible to plan production/delivery reliably.
    Last edited by vintzend; 05-20-2022 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added update

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-21-2022),Top_Fuel (05-20-2022)

FWIW, I got a message that my Space Star has actually been produced at the factory.

The expected delivery date is now shifted to end of July, or August.
    That is not that far off from the original June / July shipping date, so if they can make this reality, then they did a good job as far as I'm concerned.

(Mitsubishi could learn a thing or two from Toyota, as I heard they keep their end-users fully up to date with automated e-mails, sent every single time when there's something to report. That's a nice way to keep customers involved. But at least my dealer did a fine job as well)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Breaking News...

White Bear is down to their LAST new Mirage.

Name:  Last_One.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  83.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-26-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Breaking News...

White Bear is down to their LAST new Mirage.

Name:  Last_One.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  83.5 KB
    They haven't had a hatchback listed for quite some time now. Despite gas prices being at an all time high, Mirage sales will most likely tank.

If Richard (owner of White Bear) was asked, "Where the heck are the new Mirages this year?" I wonder what his response would be?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    White Bear's employees apparently need to learn the difference between a manual transmission and a CVT. As of a few weeks ago, they had four G4s in stock, but three were mislabeled as ES 5-speeds (even though the pictures and the MSPRs clearly indicated that they were all CVTs.) The one still up on the website is one of the mislabeled ones.