Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: First 2021 Owner in the US?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The cheapo Chinese arm rests that go for 30 bucks fall better to my elbow and still retain the rear cup holder. Plus the cushion extends both forward/back and it nudges in towards you, a pretty nice design for the money.

Loving the new yellow colour! Welcome to the forums!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Congrats, nice car. Will you be hacking the exhaust off it like you did your Fiesta because louder means faster?
    Ahahah no its just my commuter the fiesta blew up. I am tinting the windows through my work and prob going to get some jdm delica wheels. I work at a subaru dealership

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNuggie For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    It's totally a cvt you can tell when he opens the trunk.
    It is, I didn't like the feel of the clutch and the auto has a lower final gear ratio at 65 I'm around 2200 rpm. so more mpgs i drive almost 50 miles one way to work every morning.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats on the car & welcome!

Yup , way to go getting that colour.

What were you driving before?
    a 2011 ford fiesta

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    It is, I didn't like the feel of the clutch and the auto has a lower final gear ratio at 65 I'm around 2200 rpm. so more mpgs i drive almost 50 miles one way to work every morning.
    Hopefully yours turns out that way. I have had both and the 5MT got 10-15 mpg better because I can drive it properly. CVT does whatever the hell it wants.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Yeah, honestly, you aren't missing out w.r.t. that armrest. I was personally very disappointed with it.

I have a 36" inseam so I sit way back behind the B pillar. Additionally, people have regularly accused me of "lounging" while driving as I lay the seat pretty far back. Even with all that, my elbow barely catches on the front edge of the armrest. It's just way too tiny.

Also, I'm a lazy arsehole and have only ever driven automatics, so I'm accustomed to holding the steering wheel with my right hand. It is physically impossible for me to have my right elbow on the armrest and my right hand on the wheel. The distance between the two is too large.

I think the little fold-down armrest that is built into the seat they have in Europe/Canada is probably a better solution if you are trying to stay OEM. You get to keep the rear cupholder that way, as well
    Im 6'3 and the armrest works fine for me but I also sit like 3 miles away from the wheel. haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    The cheapo Chinese arm rests that go for 30 bucks fall better to my elbow and still retain the rear cup holder. Plus the cushion extends both forward/back and it nudges in towards you, a pretty nice design for the money.

Loving the new yellow colour! Welcome to the forums!
    Thank You

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNuggie For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    my only gripe about the car is the hard plastic door cards call me a baby but I like somewhere padded to put my arm

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Hopefully yours turns out that way. I have had both and the 5MT got 10-15 mpg better because I can drive it properly. CVT does whatever the hell it wants.
    So far so good idk if its new for 2021 but with cruise control on it automatically engine breaks to save gas with the longer highway trips i have seen the trip average get up in the 50s and over all average around 42

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNuggie For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    my only gripe about the car is the hard plastic door cards call me a baby but I like somewhere padded to put my arm
    I agree completely here. They make cheep stick on gel pads that can be positioned to fit anywhere you want on the door to make it more comfy. Here's one set from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Ankey-Leath...683557&sr=8-12

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

LilNuggie (01-15-2021)