Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: runs great just don't like to start.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemiRage View Post
    If your key has the engine immobilizer try using the spare.
    I don't think I have that. just two keys with door lock/unlock and panic button.
    Still..... I had not tried switching keys yet. I'll give it a go.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they (the dealer) replace the Cvt on your Mirage? Maybe the hard starting began after that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    Sadly there is no lemon law in Canada.
    Timely... http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.2951106

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they (the dealer) replace the Cvt on your Mirage? Maybe the hard starting began after that?
    No. that wasn't me. I went in with starting issues and they changed out some relays for upgraded one's then on later visit they put in a bigger battery... that's it so far.
    Trouble started right after 25,000 km service.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quick update..
    on Thursday after work the car would not start again.
    I videoed the episode and added it to the drop box file listed in first post.
    anyway.. I kept trying until the battery was almost spent before deciding to call roadside assistance. I called the dealer first to let them know car was coming in but while on phone with them I tried once more and the damn car started. I told dealer I was "done with this car" and whether he gave me a loaner or not, my car would sit at dealership until fixed.. Period!
    Dealer did give me a loaner, New 2015 Kiwi Green Mirage with 70km on it.
    My dealership treats me better than expected, always.
    The service manager is taking my car home over long wknd to try and experience the starting issue for himself... fingers crossed.
    Will weld for beer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's Great You did the wright thing!!! I would tell them to fix it or Replace the car!!!!!you have to Put your foot DOWN when you have a wright! When a car is NOT FIXED!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you have the push button? Or the key?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i've never experienced the immobilizer on a mirage but with chevy, the engine wouldn't turn over at all and it would throw a code right away. if your mirage has the same type, then this is not the problem.

in my civic i had this same issue as your videos. the exact same symptoms and intermittent nature of the problem. it turned out it was a failing ECU (soldering became faulty over time). i'm not saying that this is your problem but just as some extra info for your mental book. for your car, it was a good step of them to replace the main relay, as when these go, you get similar symptoms. i wonder if there could be a loose connection somewhere else in your fuel delivery system. perhaps something is wrong with the pump itself. if so, it should get worse with time. sorry i can';t offer an good advice. thank God for warranties!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Question? I don't know if you posted it. But did someone try to tamper with your car, to try to take it? So in turn it shut your car down?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Did you have the push button? Or the key?
    Key. Push button not available in Canada.

Will weld for beer.