Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I completely regret buying the Mirage! Chose the wrong transmission.

Let's try and be mature about this guys, no sense in derailing the thread.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (03-07-2015),MetroMPG (03-07-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the post!!!! That's what I'm trying to figure out! What was the Real Reason For the Negitive Post?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Let's try and be mature about this guys, no sense in derailing the thread.
    Yes, thank you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think many of you aren't addressing the man's concerns and understanding his dilemma. Clearly, the car is a tool for him and it's distressing to have purchased a less functional device than his previous one.

Look, OP, I can understand that you are upset, because your objective was not been fulfilled. I am experiencing the same issues as well. I purchased the Mirage as a vehicle to offset the rising fuel costs and to maintain some sort of enjoyment in my daily commute. However, I've come to realize that my commuting habits are far less demanding than I had anticipated and for the amount I purchased the vehicle for, I would have been better off and happier purchasing an older sports car and building it instead. However, you must recognize that the benefits of a new car almost always exceed the scope of the personal objectives of an individual.

The car is new, and with that comes longevity, due to the materials and measures taken to prevent corrosion. If I am not mistaken, Canada is notorious for eating through cars in their fierce winters. This purchase may prove to be a relatively wise investment, as the car is packaged with an anti-rust warranty. In addition, the increased safety measures provide a much safer driving experience than that of a metro. Furthermore, you are granted the usage of many premium commodities and features that are not accessible in older model vehicles. The list is rather long, but the point is, the car is able to satisfy many different aspects that aren't related with fuel economy.

At this point, you may be thinking, "Well, I bought this car for fuel economy, not _______". But understand that as individuals, we often progress, grow and deviate from what we identify as our "initial objectives". One day, you may become more aware and concerned with crash safety. Perhaps, you will lose a loved one or fall victim to a negative experience. In this respect, the Mirage will provide a greater sense of security as opposed to a metro. Or you may identify yourself as an individual who is more oriented towards long distance road trips, again, this is where the Mirage begins to perform and excel.

This is becoming a pretty long post, so I will wrap things up. What I want you to understand is, I am empathetic to your dilemma, as I would have preferred to purchase any sub $10,000 sports car given my changing situation. However, it is exactly that change in situation that validates the purchase of the Mirage. We, as people, change. And perhaps you may choose not to appreciate the other offerings of the Mirage at this point, and scrutinize it for its fuel economy relative to your situation. However, one day it may come to surprise you in regard to just how fulfilling it can actually be.

That said, my advice to you would be to sell it, if you are truly unhappy with it. Take the loss as a lesson and seek out what your heart truly desires. However, if my message resonated with any part of you (and you really aren't some kind of troll scumbag), then hold onto it, if only for a bit longer. It may come to surprise you.
    Last edited by hank; 03-08-2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: grammatical and structuring mistakes

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hank For This Useful Post:

Basic (03-09-2015),Cleartec (01-25-2016),fc321 (02-24-2016),m4v3r1ck (03-10-2015),Teasmade (03-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry, I just proofread it and realized that the grammatical structuring is pathetic. I also ommitted quite a few basic words so it might sound awkward. Typed it out on my phone, flame on gentlemen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hank For This Useful Post:

Basic (03-09-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hank, I liked your post. And your advise . But i think the MPG,s arnt accuart . Because that's the way mine is. Like the last time I filled it. It said I was getting 70 mpg and then when I filled it up and reset it. It said I was getting a av of 28.9 !!!!! Now I know the 28.9 is wrong! So it shows when your doing city driving it's not correct! And I think that's what his problem is. Or he can take it to the dealer and tell them what the problem is and have them ck out the injectors to see if Thir not working wright. Also the problem of selling it if he's like me I would take a BIG lose! If I was to sell it because I owe more then what it's worth. So I dwell on the positives and Love my mirage even more
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now I don't feel so bad!!! Lol lol I miss spell words real bad. And I try to correct them. So I hope all in the forum will understand my post

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    lol, the first rage thread i've ever seen on this site.

just to play the devil's advocate:

it iiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss possible that there is something legitimately wrong with his car and it's not his fault his mileage is so rotten.

just putting it out there...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Well ... nicely said

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    11 km/litre = 25MPG WTF!!!!!!
    If you are really not joking around something is wrong with your car take it in ASAP, do you smell anything odd? like a very strong exhaust smell or smokey brake pads?

I get around 44 city and 60 highway driving like a little old lady so i am extremely happy with the mirage.

*Side Note*
    My cousin gets better than 25 mpg in a 400+ HP V8 mustang

Last edited by Marrero; 03-10-2015 at 02:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)