Thread: ETACS Warranty work (Canada only?)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

ETACS Warranty work (Canada only?)

I phoned the dealer to make an appointment to change the software on my 2015 Mirage and the clerk didn't know what "ETACS" meant so he talked to a technician and told me "oh, you are calling about the warranty work correct?"

Turns out there is a TSB on the software (they claim it's 1 1/2 hour job)It's going in Monday afternoon.
    I said "that's fine while he's in there can he enable the cruise control function too?"

I'm glad I called....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What is this all about? I havent heard anything?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would call the dealer if I were you, it may only apply to cars with the CVT but this has happened to me before with a Ford I bought from a Ford dealer where they sat on a TSB and didn't contact me which ended up costing me a cylinder head....
    I made it clear that their refusal to accept some responsibility for the repair not only cost them any future sales from me but also from any one else I managed to "convert"
    Last edited by strawboss; 09-01-2015 at 11:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Did you get the work done? Happen to get any more details of what the issue was?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes I did, they didn't seem too forthcoming as to what was done as I sensed they were a bit put off by my request to update the car's ETACS to allow my self installed cruise control key pad to be used.... they asked if the keypad "came with instructions"....what I did notice after is there is not so much of the "rubber band"/"motorboating" effect now as well as less rollback when starting off on an incline.
    Maybe the city FE will improve a bit?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd like more details about your cruise control install. I would like factory cruise. My dealer is stuck on aftermarket being my only option. I still think I can use the factory controls on the steering wheel and then update thee ETACS like you did. Did this work for you?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No, it hasn't. There are a few scenarios.....one is that there may be a wiring harness missing so prevents the dealer's MUT3/computer from sensing the newly installed keypad, two is that the car's "firmware" doesn't allow for the addition of factory cruise control period.....and three the dealer's are being "deliberately obtuse" because the keypad isn't from their inventory...."nothing on our flip chart covers this"..... Maybe a more creative technician can get results, I don't know at this point.