Thread: Why are groups so underutilized?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Why are groups so underutilized?

So I was browsing about just getting familiar with the forum and found groups. Of course I don't really fit into the 3 that are already made so I made my own. Only I noticed that out of each group on here (4 total now) that the only members of the groups are the ones who made them. I'm still fairly new here and I enjoy everything I've been sinking my teeth into, but why haven't more members joined or started groups?

As far as I can tell I've seen posts from 2014 so the forum has been here quite a while. As a side note I'm not sure how to find the groups page outside of going to my profile.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I was younger I would read manga on a manga site. It had the same forum system as this one. Groups would be cool at first, but would slowly die off. I wouldn't say groups are pointless but they don't really last IMO.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

RapidRick (04-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    When I was younger I would read manga on a manga site. It had the same forum system as this one. Groups would be cool at first, but would slowly die off. I wouldn't say groups are pointless but they don't really last IMO.
    7 deadly sins or attack on titan?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    7 deadly sins or attack on titan?
    None of those lol. I did say "younger." Most stories I read started in early 2000's but ended in 2010-15. Not big with manga these days, too generic.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd totally forgotten about the Canadian group I started around 9 months ago... invites sent out to all Canadian members now!

I've never really seen groups take off on any forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've never really seen groups take off on any forum.
    I've been on 2 or 3 that have had pretty wide support. A forum I used to moderate for actually had a quite extensive group section. A lot of it was for competition but that's not overly something we see here. Just seems like a great place to fraternize with other mirage owners who have similar interests with their cars. Like some people on here really squeeze out the mpg's, some do show car modifications or general body or aesthetic mods, and some seek after the performance capabilities and potential in our brand new cars. Of course not everyone even finds themselves among the prior three and just enjoy their cars and little quirks, but you get the idea.

The groups somewhat fall in line with the meetups. I'd very much like to do one with the NoVa thread in that subforum, it's all a matter of participation.