Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green APU Evo x/ mirage Oregon trail rally, USA Based Rally Mirage

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cool Green APU Evo x/ mirage Oregon trail rally, USA Based Rally Mirage

Hi All,

Just found out this video. when first we know the news about R5 created by R5 from sweden, then Mirage Rally in Indonesia, last Mirage Evo Built in NZ. Now there is a rally spec mirage in the US. Here is the video :

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lend3 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-03-2015),mitsumi (12-03-2015),RedRage (05-12-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i like the spoiler just like the other rally mirage. hope to find one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

lend3 - thanks for keeping us updated about the rally Mirages.

Is this one is a diesel?

I noticed: (A) someone said so in the audio of the first video, plus (B) when they rev the engine a lot of soot comes out, plus (B) the middle video seems to show a diesel particulate trap burning off in the tail pipe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, the Oregon Trail rally, I SO would have gone when I lived out there if it wasn't for always working on weekends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    i am not native english speaker, that really what i want to know about when posting in here. about the diesel engine.
    anyway, we need to merge all rally news, video update. i begin to found more and more video. from all over the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    lend3 - thanks for keeping us updated about the rally Mirages.

Is this one is a diesel?

I noticed: (A) someone said so in the audio of the first video, plus (B) when they rev the engine a lot of soot comes out, plus (B) the middle video seems to show a diesel particulate trap burning off in the tail pipe.

OK!

Well, I did a search and found this from a photographer who was at the rally:

The Green APU Mitusibhi Mirage car had an EVO X engine and driveline. So badass!
    http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...ail-rally.html

I don't think they made a diesel EVO X

I guess the soot cloud from the tailpipe was from it running super rich.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Found some more stuff!
    Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) 2015 SS1 - Car #198 Arkadiusz Gruszka / Lukasz Wronski

Polish drivers:

The second Green APU Rally Team is Art Gruszka and Lukas Wronski. This was not their first time participating together, but it was the first time they had no big technical problems during an event this season.

[...]

“Fantastic rally and great organization,” commented Art Gruszka, “We had more difficulties with our service vehicle rather than with our rally car. "
    More: http://greenapu.com/?p=2514

http://rally-america.com/news/entry/...-rally-america

Also the Mirage is in the opening shots of this video:

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    mirage rally is more common. with evo engine ofcourse. every continent is have their own version yeah. from NZ, ASIA, EUROPE, AMERICA

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    OK!

Well, I did a search and found this from a photographer who was at the rally:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...ail-rally.html

I don't think they made a diesel EVO X

I guess the soot cloud from the tailpipe was from it running super rich.
    It's because the catalytic converter is in the tail pipe. They're not nearly as efficient back there but they also pose less of a flow restriction in that position. Rally-America makes us run cats but the location is free.

The weird idle is because of the anti-lag. Cars running anti-lag often use what is called "rotational idle" where fuel/air is cut from the cylinders intermittently to keep the idle RPM at a reasonable level even though the throttle butterfly never fully closes. Why doesn't the butterfly fully close? Because the way anti-lag works is by severely retarding ignition timing when you're off the gas, to the point the air-fuel mixture ignites (explodes is closer to reality) in the exhaust manifold and the air part of air-fuel is coming from the intake. A fun fact: cars with anti-lag never develop vacuum, so the brakes have no power assist. Another fun fact: anti-lag turns your turbo into a consumable.